Hey , Just wanted to know if there was a way to set a private ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ae3_2010 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2424bb90

Emails waking me up at night

Advertisement

Hey ,

Just wanted to know if there was a way to set a private time so that at night when I get a email it does not alert? Do I have to set up a night time profile or is there an eaiser way?

Thanks

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    You could make a night profile and just set it each night. You could just use the "phone only" profile. You also could just set the phone to automatically turn off and on at certain times. There's a lot....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    I always set mine to Quiet or Vibrate at night, and my alarm is set to LOUD no matter what, so it still wakes me up even though nothing else does. You could also use profiles to set it so certain people can call you or all people can call you even though no one can email you. Lots of possibilities, like eazid said.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ae3_2010 View Post
    Hey ,

Just wanted to know if there was a way to set a private time so that at night when I get a email it does not alert? Do I have to set up a night time profile or is there an eaiser way?

Thanks
    If you are like me emails aren't near as important usually as text or calls. I have my emails on all profiles set for mute. If you dont use both loud and normal on a regular basis you could always turn off the email volume in the one you dont use during the day. Then use the other at night. If normal is the one you use themost then mute the emails on loud and set that for night and still get calls and text. Just what I would do if you didnt want to add new profiles and exceptions. Hope this helped!

Concept Guest
    Like everyone has said, just play with the profiles and see what works for you. You have many options to choose from. Create some new profiles and exceptions and maybe even the standard profiles may work. Your alarm will sound off regardless of which profile is active. So that shouldn't be an issue.

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    I def agree...mess around with ur profiles...phone only might work for u...u can still receive calls....good luck... ;-)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3
    ... re-enforcing the need for automatic (timed) profiles :-|

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ae3_2010 View Post
    Hey ,

Thanks

hello, I was having this same problem, I HAVE to hear my phone if it rings (security company might call) but I was tired of getting E-mails all late night! and so was my girlfriend.

so I started using the phone only profile and it worked great.
    but if you forget to do it and your beter half get woken up because you forgot to switch your profile your boned.

so I got this, and it works GREAT!!!

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/10/1...ile-scheduler/

it's $16 but it works reliably and it's EASY to use. plus it integrates with your calendar, so if you have a "meeting" coming up throw it in your calendar and "assign a profile" it will automatically switch it for you.
    Note: you will need to set another profile switch to change it back.

there is another one I'm looking for right now will post back later.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 10-01-2008 at 05:36 AM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    My e-mails are set to vibrate only regardless of the profile except for loud. Thus I never get woken up but if I'm sitting at my desk, etc, I can hear it vibrate and know its an e-mail. Also I keep a system of vibrations per e-mail, text, call. Text and messenger being one vibrate, e-mail is 2, phone is constant.

Just my opinion, mess with your profiles or get a scheduler (^^^).
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    I use the phone only profile also but during the week I also have my phone to shut off at 11:00p.m.so I don't have to listen to it ring. And I have one specific ringtone for callers I don't know. Help's a lot.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, there are programs out there that are ment for changing your profile to a different time. However since I don't go to bed always at the same time, I manually change it to phone only mode at night and change back to normal in the morning. It works really well for me. Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Yes, there are programs out there that are ment for changing your profile to a different time. However since I don't go to bed always at the same time, I manually change it to phone only mode at night and change back to normal in the morning. It works really well for me. Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I was also following this method, and yes, it works GREAT! and it's free.
    but I'm forgetful, and I personally needed something like the scheduler.

because MAN, I'd pay for it I didn't get that profile switched. lol
    she went NUTS every time I forgot to switch it.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey