Hi Guys and Gals, wonder if you could help, (this may be really obvious and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wayalex no está en línea Stack level 1

Emails bouncing back though googlemail

Advertisement

Hi Guys and Gals,

wonder if you could help, (this may be really obvious and i could be being really stupid!)
    I have a blackbery 8100 pearl, Just set up emails etc etc but tried to send one but it sends the email to me! In the to: box i write which contact its to and write an email, then press send and a few seconds later i get an email.......how exciting!!.......but its actaully me emailing myself!!!! Any ideas???

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Emails bouncing back though googlemail

Filter emails FROM your account to not be forwarded to your device in the BIS setup, or to go to a folder other than the Inbox in the email setup for the host service.
    JerryD

wayalex no está en línea Stack level 1

Been trying to sort this all day!!! I have now reaslised that the recipient gets the email but i also get a copy!

How do i stop myself getting a copy of the email i have sent?

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

Go to your provider's BIS page, log in (where you configure your push email), add a filter for all mail FROM your email address, and set it not to forward it to your Blackberry, and it won't send you the same message you just sent.

RichLarson no está en línea Stack level 1

This worked for me. Thanks!

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

try to do a search for that problem. i had the same one and there are some very clear and concise posts from the past that deal with that problem and solve it very easily. just a point of reference, the BIS is the service provider's blackberry website, ie: verizon, att etc....

withany other questions, try to do a search first, you would be suprised there are already answers out there to most questions...