So, I was under the impression that one could email a wav file (the one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Emailing your self a .wav file?

Advertisement

So, I was under the impression that one could email a wav file (the one I want to send is 150k) to your phone. I sent it and was not able to open. Does the 8100 not play wav files?

BReady

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Emailing your self a .wav file?

I think it plays wav files, just not as email attachments. I have Vonage for my home phone service. I get my voicemail messages as wav email attachments, and the Pearl won't play them.
    I haven't tried it, but I think if you loaded a wav file as a ringtone or song on your media card or through Desktop Manager, it would play.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you have gmail? If so, email the file to your gmail account. Then log onto your gmail thru the internet browser, not ur mailbox on the bb. You will see the attachment. Go to the little speaker icon, click it, and it will load and pop up in your media player and stop playing. I have been successful in doing so on files up to 800kb.

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Thanks guys. No I don't use gmail (I hate using webbased email on the phone). Doesn't gmail have an application for bb that allows you to use gmail w/o going on web? I wonder it supports attachments..

BReady

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bready, The purpose of emailing it to Gmail and opening it from your browser is that that is the way to install ringtones on most BBs, installing from the internet using the browser. If you have a webspace, you can post it there then access it using your BB. And if N8 says it's the way to do it, you know it works, not necessarily throug Gmail, but from the internet.

And most BBs (Not positive about the pearl) will not play any format audio attachment to an email.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles