Hi - I'm loving my pearl, but came across an error that I can't fix. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NoodlesPS no está en línea Stack level 1

Email sync problem?? .103 & above major error

Advertisement

Hi - I'm loving my pearl, but came across an error that I can't fix. When I set up my email on .64 (t-mobile) to recieve my work email (via secure imap), everything worked fine as did it when I upgraded to .101. My problem started in .103 and continues in .107. My work account will not delete any mails from the mail server. I can delete them from the BB device fine, but when using Thuderbird or our web client, I delete the email only to have it resent to me. Also, whenever Thunderbird is open, I can't get any new messages unless I close it and reopen it. (When I delete the email with the BB by selecting delete on mailbox & handheld, the message is also resent.)

I thought this was a thunderbird issue at first, but after a reinstall, I'm still seeing the same problems. Our webmaster said that this can happen whenever two email clients are open at once. So my best guess is that in <.103 the BB just checked email every 15 minutes and grabbed it. But now it must have a constant connection/link with our imap server? So, I can't permantly delete any of my emails and its getting pretty cluttered in my mailbox now. Also, all these problems continue even if I remove the BB's battery.

Anyone run into this / have any advice for this weird problem?? If no one has, can I sumitt this to RIM and if so, how?

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Email sync problem?? .103 & above major error

BB weren't meant to integrate with open souce imap clients, or their associated web interfaces. I doubt this is a BB problem you can engage RIM on.

I really don't think the desktop/web client have anything to do with this problem though. It started happening the day I installed .103. After talking with work's web/mail server admins, I'm certain it isn't those clients.

I appreciate the help though. Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Have you checked your Service Books Noodles? Do you have them all?

I believe so, but am not entirely sure how many I'm supposed to have. I did go to the t-mobile site and logged into my account. From there I had the service books resent (part of the email set-up page). Are there any other ways to do that?
    Last edited by NoodlesPS; 08-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Nope that should get them back just fine.

I'm not very familiar with this issue. Are you on BES?

No.

Thanks for trying though!!