I am new to Blackberry so please bear with me. I was able to successfully ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

waid10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Email Set Up problem

Advertisement

I am new to Blackberry so please bear with me. I was able to successfully set up my yahoo email on my Pearl. However, I tried to set up my work email (Outlook) and was unsuccessful. It prompted me to answer whether I can access my Outlook via web access. I can, so I went that route. It prompts me to enter the web access URL, email address, email account name, and user name, and password. I enter all of the information. The only one that I am unsure about is the email account name. I basically use the info that is before the @ in my email address (and its the same as my username). The result is that the configuration is unsuccessful. Yet, I can use the same information (the web access URL, user name, and password) to access my outlook email using a web browser on my computer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please help!
    Last edited by waid10; 02-19-2007 at 05:46 PM.

almaft no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d118f1

Re: Email Set Up problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your work is probably on a secured network and you would need to use bes to access and you would need a password for that from your company, I had the same problem.

Almaft - You may be right, but I work for a small company (10 people) and am the only BB user. So BES isn't an option. It may be a network issue. But I have no problem accessing corporate email from home using web access and my home computer.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you use Exchange at the office it could be referring to your account setup on the Exchange GAL or the actually user account itself? Eg. in my org emails are as such john.smith@company1.com but on the Exchange server that account is set as an alias eg. jsmith with a server path of company1/department/server123 then an additional mailstore path. Ask you admin what the actual login name is?

Hurray!! Our IT guy solved the problem. It was the username field. I had been putting my username. I needed an appendix to my general username to get it to work (i.e., JPnet/username). Also, for some reason, the appendix had to be in all caps.

Thanks to everyone that responded.