In your book marks on your pearls we have a email set up menu. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dallas469 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E73B43

email set up

Advertisement

In your book marks on your pearls we have a email set up menu. I want to get rid of that option so that nosey ppl won't be in my email account options. Without locking my phone can someone tell me how to hide that option?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    If i understand. You can use the menu and select "edit bookmarks" to delect specific bookmarks.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First off, a person would need both your user name and password to access your BIS account, from the web or from that icon.

Second, to hide icons from the homescreen, highlight the icon, press Menu, then select "Hide Application".

PIN/ID
    23E73B43
    Its in the bookmarks menu the first bookmark is set up email. I can't erase it from the bookmarks page.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Is that in your Browser Bookmarks or on your home screen? And I believe that Lewis is correct, they would need to have your username and password to see anything on that page.

I would be more concerned about them being able to see all your contacts and other information including all your messages. If you are worried about someone getting a hold of your BB and seeing things, you need to set a password.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E73B43
    Did set a password just didn't want to seem shady to my gf.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I see what he means, I think. When you press the Menu button there is an option to "Set up Internet Email". When you click that, it doesnt ask for a PW or name, it takes you direct to a page where you can see all your enabled email accounts.

You need to scroll to the bottom of the list on the Menu and click Organize Applications. Then scroll to the "Set Up" icon, press Menu and select "Hide Application.

PIN/ID
    23E73B43
    Select your browser then select bookmarks page. The first bookmark is set up email. I want to hide this option. My gf keeps getting in my set up menu through the bookmark. How do I erase or hide that first bookmark? Select browser the select bookmarks page. It should be the first bookmark. Now what?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think there is a way to get rid of that bookmark. I have been trying since I got this phone yesterday. I am gonna keep playing with it. If I come up with something I will let you know

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Try this, from the Browser Options Cache Operations screen Clear the Cookies. Then select the bookmarks. Does it still allow entry to the email setup page without logging in? If not, then it would be a simple task to Clear the cookies after each visit to the settup page. You shouldn't have to go to that page very often so it shouldn't be too much of an imposition.

I don't have this option so can't test it myself.
    Just a thought and Hope it helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E73B43
    No luck still a bookmark on my pearl? Really sucks. Clearing the cache does noda.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Dallas, to set up a password with out it looking suspicious: Set some owner info Like: If Found or in Case of Emergency Please contact "insert name" at "555-555-1234". The owner info displays when locked and it makes you appear responsible not shady.