Still one week new and this forum is much better than all of the Treo ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bscherokman no está en línea Stack level 2

Email Server & Battery Pull questions

Advertisement

Still one week new and this forum is much better than all of the Treo forums I have been on.

After looking at the posts on Email server I am still confused. I have Mac email and when I tell the Pearl to delete email from the handheld and server it does not delete the email from my Mac mail on my Mac. What server does the Pearl communicate with? Is it the Blackberry Internet server or my mac server?

My back cover is becoming a little loose after pulling the batter to reset the device. Any suggestions on either the loose back cover or a way to reset the Pearl without pulling the battery?

Thanks again - great forum.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Email Server & Battery Pull questions

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if I remember correctlyn the bb runs of the rim servers and pulls your emails, but if the email is imap, it would be able to reconcile what is done on the bb to the mac server, someone will correct me if I am wrong though

With respect to a reset, you can use alt+cap+del, it will do a soft reset instead of a hard reset so you won't need to pull the battery

bscherokman no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for your help - when I hit alt-cap-del the Pearl goes to the phone application. Any suggestions?

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

You can search the forums for softreset.

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software