can someone please explain under email recon--what is "message services"--it gives me 2 choices 1 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466

email reconcillation explanation

Advertisement

can someone please explain under email recon--what is "message services"--it gives me 2 choices 1 is my email address & the other is "desktop"
    I have verizon

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: email reconcillation explanation

A Message Service is basically an email address. You have one [CMIME] service book for each email address set up on your BlackBerry.

The Desktop email service is the connection to the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) provided either by your company or by a Hosted BES service. If you have neither of these, you misconfigured your Desktop Manager / BlackBerry when you setup Desktop Manager and selected "Enterprise" instead of "Internet" service.

If you did misconfigure your device, reconfigure Desktop Manager by running Add/Remove Programs and using the Reconfigure option for Desktop Mangaer. You'd be best to simply wipe your BlackBerry, but if you must you can do a selective backup and back up just the DATA you want to restore - do NOT do a full Backup / Restore as this will just put the incorrect configuration back on the device.

As for reconciliation....

BES email reconciles. That is, Reads are mirrored on both your Enterprise mailbox and your BlackBerry (which you can control through Options), and in one place are reflected in the other (also configureable). You can optionally have emails directed on your host email system to other mailbox folders also be sent to your BlackBerry.

BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) email is NOT necessarily reconciled depending on the provider. Reads may or may not be reflected in both places, and while deletes on the BlackBerry can always be deleted from the host Inbox, depending on the service the message may be permanently deleted - not moved to the trash. There is no Folder Redirection (use of folders other than the Inbox) on Internet email services that I'm aware of, although I have no experience with an IMAP account.

Hope that answers your questions!
    JerryD

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466

Re: email reconcillation explanation

thanks for help