Just upgraded the device software and the Email Reconciliation options disappeared - a blank screen ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Email Reconciliation Options Missing

Advertisement

Just upgraded the device software and the Email Reconciliation options disappeared - a blank screen - no choices. The BIS server says that the device has disabled wireless reconciliation. But without any options on the device, I don't know how to turn it on.

Verizon tech had me wipe it, and the options are STILL MIA.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Email Reconciliation Options Missing

have you tried to resend your service books? that will usually help you get the options back, also try regestering your device on the network, go to advanced options>host routing table> and register device at least 3 times, usually that helps
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

Yep, tried both new service books and multiple registrations. Still no reconciliation options - just a blank screen. Calling RIM today.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Hello, I am not sure about Verizon, but the BIS service on TMO is set at 15 minutes for POP3 mail accounts. Yahoo and Gmail will push because of a partnership with RIM. Everything else is POPed every 15. THe only thing Reconcile now works with is a BES. If this is different on Verizon then I would contact them, but I don't think BIS differs carrier to carrier.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

It's strange for sure. I had reconciliation options before the device software upgrade. I use BIS with an IMAP server and was able to delete messages on the server by deleting them on the handheld and selecting "delete on server" at the prompt. Saves me from having to delete in both places (handheld and desktop). Kind of hard to believe that RIM would DOWNgrade the software. Don't other users have reconcile options on BIS?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Well in the Mail options there should be Email Reconciliation.. Messages>Menu Key>Options>Email Reconciliation>Delete on> If that is missing that is a wierd update. May try reloading it.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Solution: The old email accounts need to be "reintegrated" (see RIM KB12458) - which means I had to remove the old account from BIS and set it up on BIS all over again. Voila - the reconciliation options are restored.

Verizon tech was very nice and tried without success for hours, and wanted to send a new 8130 to me. I declined because I KNEW it was something caused by the new device software. So I spent a fair amount of time on the RIM knowledgebase and found the fix.

Hope this prevents others from spending too much time looking for an answer.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Very good find I would probably write up the details and copy and paste what you found from the knowledge base. Just in case others fall to this issue as well.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Should anyone encounter this problem:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20104404070

Email reconciliation settings do not appear on the BlackBerry device

Doc ID : KB12458
    Last Modified : 2007-08-02
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service 2.x
    Note: To determine which version of the BlackBerry Internet Service you are using, see KB04989.

Problem

When the BlackBerry device user opens the Email Reconciliation menu on their BlackBerry device by navigating to Options > Email Reconciliation from the Messages folder, they are presented with a blank screen.

Cause

The integrated email account must be reintegrated into the BlackBerry Internet Service account.

Resolution

Remove and reintegrate the affected email account into the BlackBerry Internet Service account. For instructions on how to remove an integrated email account, see KB04258. For instructions on how to integrate an email account, see KB02189.