I am trying to sync my blackberry pearl with my email inbox. Everything is working ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

J0dy77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Reconciliation

Advertisement

I am trying to sync my blackberry pearl with my email inbox. Everything is working fine outside of one small problem.

- I have Wireless email reconciliation on. It is setup in the following way:

Delte on: Mailbox and Handheld
    Wireless reconcile: On
    On conflicts: Mailbox wins

Now what is happening if I delete email from my blackberry it removes from my inbox. The problem is when I delete from my inbox directly the emails are not removed from my blackberry. Anyone know why this is occuring? I am syncing through my companies BES server, Blackberry server version 4.0.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Email Reconciliation

hey jody! I don't think that it is possible to delete emails on your bb from your pc, its a one way deal! try scannning this thread, if I remember Rcbjr quoted it in #13 or #14, good luck!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_e_mail.html

That reconcilliation they were talking about in the thread was referring to IMAP. I am on a full BES server so not sure why this wouldn't be possible.

Does something need to be changed on the BES configuration perhaps?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i know when i was on my company bes, i would delete from my desktop and it would delete from my device sometimes what you have to do is aftwer you delete and email from your desktop then on your device go to you message folder then press menu and go to reconcile now, that should do the trick, hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    i know when i was on my company bes, i would delete from my desktop and it would delete from my device sometimes what you have to do is aftwer you delete and email from your desktop then on your device go to you message folder then press menu and go to reconcile now, that should do the trick, hope that helps
    Yeah I've tried forcing the reconciliation on the handheld numerous times and even refreshed the inbox prior to try and force it. I am wondering if it is a setting on the BES server itself.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    hey jonny, for some reason ive tried that as well a while back, and for some reason only once it worked fine after that no cigar! thanks though for posting it forgot about that one!

Hey jody sorry, maybe someone else knows................Anyone!
    Last edited by Ranz; 08-29-2007 at 01:55 PM.

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

Not sure if you use Outlook in your company. If you are try this technote from RIM.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2023128210

If not, it could be a setting in your BES server. See this link. Though this is for BES 4.1. Check with your BES admin.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2023124952

Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    Not sure if you use Outlook in your company. If you are try this technote from RIM.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2023128210

If not, it could be a setting in your BES server. See this link. Though this is for BES 4.1. Check with your BES admin.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2023124952
    Cached exchange mode... now why didn't I think of that. Thanks for all the help, that got it.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I know its a setinh on bis and bes servers. I have one line on a bra and one line on a bis and I have that option on both~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~