I've owened my BB 8100 for a year and a half now. I can tell ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2

email question for 4.5

Advertisement

I've owened my BB 8100 for a year and a half now. I can tell you that its the best phone hands down period. The fintionality and software useability is just second to none. I'm really sold on blackberry products. My phone has gone through hell and back with me. I've thrown it out the window, fallen from 2nd story and fallen off when I rode my motorcycle. Yet its still working. My edge network is really fast and all my 3rd party apps function flawlessly.

I have 4.5.81 os. I noticed that it supports html email and I can have the option of displaying all the graphics/pictures that come with the email.

But it asks everytime I click "get images" that there is a sesecurity risk. What is that all about?

Thanks.

Keep stacking!!

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    hi, i don´t know if there is a security risk. you can do the following: open messages, klick menu, goto e-mail settings, choose the account you wanne change, scroll down and set download images automatically to YES. your pearl will never ask you again. It works perfect with my 8110 on BIS and BES

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks.

Ill do that.

What a lifesaver.
    But this is a distinct feature of the new .81 os right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    I think this isn´t a special .81 feature. As i know, it´s available since the new os 4.5 and the new server editions for BIS/BES has been launched.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've seen several people say that all images come in automatically, but as far as I know, externally linked images will always require you to manually "Get Images".

See this article, particularly the note at the end.