I thought this was jsut a problem with using Vlingo, but now realize it happens ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DSchnell no está en línea Stack level 1

Email problem

Advertisement

I thought this was jsut a problem with using Vlingo, but now realize it happens even when I try using normal mail through my Verizon 8130 BB.
    Some email adresses it accepts fine and sends, others it will not send to. After hitting send, I'll shortly get the following message sent back to me.

network@etp1108.etp.na.blackberry.net to dschnell
    show details 10:36 AM (33 minutes ago) Reply

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    BEGINETP 209
    AUpiWtUAAAAAIBAIMzE3OUEzQUQgFmRzY2huZWxsQGhhbmtncm FmZi5jb20Am7KjVFAFQ01J
    TUUDQICAgIESAAAwRjZBQjUxNkMrRysyAIWQdZUEqPeXse1zei RtG8gAGY3FO7mhTX3Gat62
    /lNOdsRv2EFSnQFo0PDxr7FbawEWu0+pS4UAEtGFmwRA3ooUQOU ExKypu3hogzu+JTDbKgVs
    UHQi7jGW4HKoHkLmgLtDcfqK9tqm7KTk7XH/8qdPEU97afnIWcMnWXHAfSOgYyg!
    ENDETP -1194273404

ETP.DAT
    1K Download

This is really getting frustrating and I don't know where to even go for answers, other than the great people here. The nproblem doesn't seem specific to eamil providers, as I can send to some @comcast accounts and not others.
    Thanks in advance for any and all help.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You have setup your email account using BES instead of BIS. You need to go to this link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html and follow # 13. This will help you get the correct email protocol setup.

You can also use this link here for more step-by-step instructions: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=771878

If you used the Desktop Manager to activate your email and you selected BES for your email, you need to re-run the setup and choose BIS.
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 06-29-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    You have setup your email account using BES instead of BIS. You need to go to this link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html and follow # 13. This will help you get the correct email protocol setup.

Thanks for the reply, but I've already went that route. I was pretty sure I was set up as BIS, but still went and started over. The phone is set up as BIS, as well as my desktop.
    And wouldn't I get this message on every email I sent if this was the problem? Not be a smart aleck, just questioning.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well then you may also need to confirm that your carrier does not have you setup for BES service but the message you are getting refers to the initial setup of a BES account.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Well then you may also need to confirm that your carrier does not have you setup for BES service but the message you are getting refers to the initial setup of a BES account.

Thanks again KalebsDad.
    I did just go in and "send service books" again, just to see if it made a difference. Did a test email to an address I have been unable to send to, and still got the same RIM error.
    I guess I'll send a support request to verizon and see what they say.

supaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchnell View Post
    Thanks again KalebsDad.
    I did just go in and "send service books" again, just to see if it made a difference. Did a test email to an address I have been unable to send to, and still got the same RIM error.
    I guess I'll send a support request to verizon and see what they say.
    Delete the following entries in your service books under options advanced options service books 1.desktop cmime 2.desktop cical - make sure like the others have said that dm has been fully reinstalled to use bis and you shouldnt have any future problems. hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by supaman View Post
    Delete the following entries in your service books under options advanced options service books 1.desktop cmime 2.desktop cical - make sure like the others have said that dm has been fully reinstalled to use bis and you shouldnt have any future problems. hope that helps.

Thanks supaman.
    That fixed the email problem. I can now send to addresses I couldn't before. But it did disable the emailing thru vlingo. I am deleting vlingo now and going to reinstall it and see if it works, or screws up the email again
    I'll let you know.

Reloaded Vlingo, and everything works great now!
    Thanks for the help to both of you