I've just gone through the set up procedure for email and I think I may ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dmsmart no está en línea Stack level 1

Email problem

Advertisement

I've just gone through the set up procedure for email and I think I may have used the wrong option when configuring email.

Basically I needed to use the "Blackberry internet service option" but I think I selected another option by mistake.

Is here a way of doing a factory reset for the 8110? I can't see one in any of the menus on the device.

My problem is that everytime I go to configure my email it is only giving me 1 option - to use the Blackberry Enterprise Server - but I'm not using that.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Your blackberry internet service has been activated & you received an email set up icon from your carrier from which you chose the wrong option?

No....

When I first switched on the BB it goes through the initial set up wizard. To set up email I should have chosen the "Blackberry Internet Service" option but I chose "Blackberry Desktop Redirector" option by mistake.

Now when I want toadd an existing email address to my BB I can't because the BB doesn't give me an option to do this.

I am guessing that this is because I chose the wrong option initially?

That's why I wanted to reset the BB and start over again.

The option you should have chosen was 'I want to create or add an email address '.
    The desktop redirector is only available from the CD that came with the bb (desktop manager).
    If you did not have the option to create or add an email address then your device might not have received the service books yet.
    Did you receive a registration email or text?

No text but I did get an email from RIM. The other problem I've got is the signal where I live is not good enough to support MMS. I've only got 'gprs' on the display and according to the guide this is only good enough for phone calls and texts.

Maybe everything is OK but I can't check it out until I go to an area where I can get a higher quality signal. Ho hum.

I didn't get GPRS/EDGE until my service was activated. I also received a new email set up icon which had new options, before that I only had the blackberry enterprise option.
    Wiping the device will erase all your data & then you will have to contact your carrier for them to activate you again.

You can either do this or just call them, explain & ask them to set you up again.

To wipe handheld if you wish go to options > security options > general settings then hit menu key and select wipe handheld.

Good luck.

Ps when you do install the desktop manager onto your pc from the CD do not select desktop redirector

All sorted thanks. One call to Vodafone and it was sorted. Thanks for the help.