Hello all; My 8130 checks for emails periodically by default, but I'd like to know ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lighterlung no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3183FFAB

Email on Demand...

Advertisement

Hello all;
    My 8130 checks for emails periodically by default, but I'd like to know if there's a way to manually check for emails with the default BB email program anytime I want?

LL

tanzim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2056042F
    go to email message -> Click menu button -> select reconcile now

PIN/ID
    3183FFAB
    Okay, I think I had read somewhere about some options on reconciling that had to do with deletion, and at the time I wasn't looking for that so I just left it alone.

Here's another question while I'm on the email thing...
    Can I select mutiple emails, and delete them all at once rather then one at a time (on the phone only)?

Thank you for that bit of info tanzim...

LL
    Last edited by lighterlung; 04-12-2008 at 08:23 AM.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Sorry this is probably me but don't the emails come through within reason straight away? Hence having a BB and not a push receive devise?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3183FFAB
    Yeah, your right stuart B, I think my phone checks for emails around every 15 minutes which is certainly a reasonable amount of time (for me also), but there had just been several times that I'd be visiting a forum looking for info on a piece of software, and there would be a post that might have an OTA link to something, and keying it in doesn't always work so I copy it in an email, and mail it to myself, then I'd just get antsy waiting the 5/10 minutes for the phone to check mail on it's own while waiting for the link.
    Not a biggie...It's just me...

LL

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I do the same. I worked out that by having a yahoo email address seemed to give me immediate emails. It may be a uk thing but if someone sends me a yahoo email and an AOL email at the same time yahoo will be received straight away and AOL between 10 and 20 minutes later.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It is a yahoo thing. Yahoo, Google, and RIM signed an agreement to incorporate BB servers in their email server platforms to provide BB users with free access (on yahoo side) and fast delivery.

Zo

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Arh so that's why its so dam fast! I just thought it was AOL,s standard slowness. You learn something everyday.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Unless things have changed, to recieve email on a windows device and I believe sidekicks you have to have pop3 access which costs money (not much but still costs) to yahoo to enable.

Zo

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Before I got Jivetalk I have the yahoo messenger on my BB. All me standard emails are with AOL but cus of the messenger I opened a yahoo (free) email account. I then changed to jive but kept the email address on my BB. Not a great lover of windows so never bother with it other than im on jive. Not prepared to pay lol

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterlung View Post
    Okay, I think I had read somewhere about some options on reconciling that had to do with deletion, and at the time I wasn't looking for that so I just left it alone.

Here's another question while I'm on the email thing...
    Can I select mutiple emails, and delete them all at once rather then one at a time (on the phone only)?

Thank you for that bit of info tanzim...

LL
    Hey LL,

Through your e-mail if you press the "#" button you're able to select multiple message and delete them. However, if you move past an e-mail and scroll back, you must start again.

(ie. you want to delete e-mail 1, 3,4,7....press "#" and scroll through the e-mails. But if you scroll to e-mail 8 by accident and scroll back to e-mail 7, the first highlighted e-mails become un-highlighted and you must start again...it's a pooper, but still handy, just gotta have soft hands! lol)

Hope this helps...
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    googlesync