Maybe i missed something but does everyone have the issue of your email's showing up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ivanhoe64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22064B4B

Thumbs up EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS SEPARATE FROM MESSAGE FOLDERS??

Advertisement

Maybe i missed something but does everyone have the issue of your email's showing up in the regular message folder? I have 4 accounts set up on my pearl.. gmail,aol,comcast and yahoo. When i get email to either of the accounts they show up in the individual folder for each service as well as my MESSAGE inbox where my sms and text messages go. Is there any way to separate the two? I want just the text messages and sms to go to the main Message inbox and the emails to go to their respective folders.. ANy help would be greatly appreciated..

PS......... btw i'm also a new MAC user so any suggestions comments etc would be also be welcomed!!
    Have a great day!

Mark

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS SEPARATE FROM MESSAGE FOLDERS??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is no way to seperate them it is a general message all messages go there, you can view seperately while in messages hit the trackwheel/ball and select view folder then you will see the seperate folders.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Remember people, there is only one message list. Everything is controlled by filters. With BIS 2.x Folders are a thing of the past. With BIS 2.x you have Icons for each added account that have an uneditable preset filter to list only those emails from that account.

There are other preset filters that use short cut key, such as ALT + S for SMS only, ALT + M for MMS, and others. And you can create your own using the Message Menu item "Search" if needed.

For more information see my post in Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x)

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kurracee no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was wondering the same thing! Is there perhaps a way to distinguish the different messages by color or something?

iptaylm no está en línea Stack level 1

I just hide all my seperate email account folders and have all my messages come into one, seems a lot easier.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS SEPARATE FROM MESSAGE FOLDERS??

Quote Originally Posted by iptaylm
    I just hide all my seperate email account folders and have all my messages come into one, seems a lot easier.

I do the same as its much easier and you see which email account it came to right when you open that email.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

And when you delete messages in the main folder.....you delete it also from the other named folder.....

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you use the Zen theme, then your SMS and MMS messages will have their own "mailbox", and they will be permanently filtered out of the main message screen (unless you use a shortcut to view them).

PaulQ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you use the Zen theme, then your SMS and MMS messages will have their own "mailbox", and they will be permanently filtered out of the main message screen (unless you use a shortcut to view them).
    I use the Zen (the blue one with the apps at the bottom, right?). All of my messages are in one place - when I click the messages icon, everything is in one list. How do you get the SMS and MMS to seperate?

I am new to this so all this talk of search and mailboxes is shooting over my head? I am on BES and seem to have one mailbox.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!