hi,i just start having this problem after a hard reset from one of the cingular ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tiburon916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2060FC81

email not working

Advertisement

hi,i just start having this problem after a hard reset from one of the cingular store,my phone mic its not working fine so im getting a replacement,for now all i can use its txt,mms,bb messenger,i can recieve emails but cant reply cuz it says,No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft..anyone know whats the problem?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: email not working

Call 611 and have them resend the service books. That might be the problem. I would also call and make sure that you have data coverage. Additionally, if you talk real nice they might just "compensate" you for not having your voice services....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

That message is what I normally get when I have no signal and try to send and email.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Do you have EDGE in all caps next to your signal strength indicator? Are you getting the error message "Data connection refused"?

The message indicates you don't have your email service books.

You can try three things.

First, go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Message Services. If you don't have anything there, skip to the third option. If you have Desktop there, you're on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) and you'll have to contact your IT department.

Second, register the device - go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table. Hit the Menu button and select Register Now. You should get a message that a registration message has been sent, and the receive an email with the subject Registration.

Third, Click on Personal Email Setup on your device, or go to your provider's BIS site (US provider links at the bottom of that page). Register if you haven't already. Then click on Service Books in the left column, then click the Send Service Books button. You should get the needed service books ( listed under ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Book - they will start with the associated email address and be followed by [CMIME] and possibly [CICAL] depending on the version of BIS your provider uses).
    JerryD

tiburon916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2060FC81

its working now!, i had to resend books

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

YAY!!! I was right!!!! So glad that you got it working! I have a heart attack when something goes on with the phone and I dont know what to do! LOL! Have a happy 4th!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?