Just yesterday, out of the blue, none of my email was making it to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pf7218 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email not making it to my BB!

Advertisement

Just yesterday, out of the blue, none of my email was making it to my 8100. I have had the device for about a month & have never had this problem. I have 3 accounts set up (2 pop accounts & 1 yahoo)...none of it is working.

Any suggestions.

thanks

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Email not making it to my BB!

Unable to receive email messages from an integrated POP3 email account
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment
    BlackBerry® device
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem
    You are unable to receive email messages on your BlackBerry device from a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) email account that is integrated with your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    Note: If you have a Novell® GroupWise® POP3 account.

Cause
    Summary of Causes

This problem may occur for one of the following reasons:

1. Another email client is removing email messages from the POP3 messaging server.
    2. There are too many email messages in the POP3 mailbox.
    3. There are large email messages in the Inbox folder of the integrated email account.
    4. Your POP3 email account was integrated using the wrong information.
    5. Your Internet service provider (ISP) limits your mailbox to a single connection.
    6. The password to your POP3 email account has been changed.
    7. Changes have been made to your POP3 messaging server.
    8. An email message filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service is blocking email message delivery to the BlackBerry device.
    9. The email messages for the integrated email account are being stored in a place other than the root folder of the Inbox on the messaging server.
    10. Message database corruption has caused errors viewing messages.
    11. Your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox is full. (This applies to BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8 only.)
    12. Wireless signal is turned off.
    13. Unable to receive messages because of the network status of the BlackBerry device.
    14. There is a corrupt service book on the BlackBerry device.
    15. The firewall setting on the BlackBerry device is set to block incoming email messages from the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resolution
    Cause 1
    In addition to being integrated with your BlackBerry Internet Service account, your POP3 account is integrated with another email client (for example, Microsoft Outlook®, or Microsoft Entourage®). When the other email client retrieves email messages from your POP3 account, it removes the email messages on the POP3 messaging server. As a result, there are no email messages for your BlackBerry Internet Service account to retrieve.
    Resolution
    Configure the other email client to leave a copy of the email messages on the POP3 messaging server.

Cause 2
    There are too many email messages in the POP3 mailbox.
    Note: To determine whether this is the cause of the issue, reduce the number of email messages in the mailbox to less than 900.
    Resolution
    Configure the POP3 email account to remove email messages from the messaging server after a certain number of days (for example, 30 days).

Cause 3
    There are large email messages in the Inbox folder of the integrated email account.
    Resolution
    Move any email messages larger than 8MB, including attachments, from the Inbox folder to a subfolder of the email account. (Also see Additional Information below)
    For BlackBerry Internet Service 2.x or later (IMAP accounts only):
    Ensure the Sent Items folder does not contain email messages larger than 8MB, including attachments.

Cause 4
    Your POP3 email account was integrated using the wrong information.
    Resolution 1
    Complete the following steps:
    Remove the integrated POP3 email account.
    Reintegrate the POP3 email account using the advanced integration method.
    Resolution 2
    Reintegrate the email account using another protocol, such as IMAP or Microsoft Outlook Web Access, instead of POP3.
    Remove the integrated POP3 account.
    Click Set up Account.
    Type the email address and no password to force the advanced integration screen.
    Select I can access my e-mail account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access) or I will provide the settings for this POP/IMAP account and click Next.
    Type the remaining information, including the password.
    Click on Try Again.
    Note: If the domain name of the messaging server has been changed, attempt to integrate using the IP address of the messaging server.

Cause 5
    Your ISP limits your mailbox to a single connection.
    Resolution
    To troubleshoot this problem, contact your Internet service provider.

Cause 6
    The password to your POP3 email account has changed.
    Resolution
    Update the POP3 email account password in your BlackBerry Internet Service account. Complete the steps that are appropriate for your version of the BlackBerry Internet Service:
    For BlackBerry Internet Service 2.x
    Go to your service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
    Click the Edit icon beside the account you want to modify.
    Update the account password.
    Click Save.
    For BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8
    Go to your service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
    In the top menu, click Profiles.
    Under Email Account, click the Other Email Accounts hyperlink.
    Click the integrated account. The Email Accounts page appears.
    Type the new password in the Password and Re-enter Password fields.
    Click Submit.
    Cause 7
    Changes have been made to your POP3 messaging server. For example, a change in the messaging server name from mail.company.com to pop.company.com would prevent email message delivery.
    Resolution
    Contact your POP3 email account provider to make sure that no changes have been made to the POP3 messaging server.

Cause 8
    An email message filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service is blocking email message delivery to the BlackBerry device.
    Resolution
    Review the email message filters to make sure that they are not preventing email messages from being sent to the BlackBerry device. Delete or modify any email message filters that do not enable delivery of all email messages to the BlackBerry device.

Cause 9
    The email messages for the integrated email account are being stored in a place other than the root folder of the Inbox on the messaging server.
    Resolution
    Change rules in the email client to leave a copy of email messages in the Inbox that you want to have delivered to the BlackBerry device.

Cause 10
    Message database corruption has caused errors viewing email messages.
    Resolution
    Clear the Messages database.

Cause 11
    Your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox is full.
    Note: This issue only affects BlackBerry device users using BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8.
    Resolution
    Complete one of the following tasks:
    Make space in your mailbox by deleting unwanted email messages and emptying your Deleted Items folder.
    Contact your service provider to request that the storage capacity of your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox be increased.
    Cause 12
    Wireless signal is turned off.
    Resolution
    From the Home screen, click Turn Wireless On.
    Note: This icon typically looks like a radio tower and can be located on the Home screen of the BlackBerry device.

Cause 13
    Unable to receive email messages because of the network status of the BlackBerry device.
    Resolution
    Verify the network status by referring to the article that corresponds to your BlackBerry device:
    If your BlackBerry device operates on the GSM®/GPRS/EDGE networks.
    If your BlackBerry device operates on the CDMA network.
    If your BlackBerry device is not receiving email messages because of the network status, contact your service provider.

Cause 14
    There is a corrupt service book on the BlackBerry device.
    Resolution
    Delete the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service from the BlackBerry device and resend these service books. To perform this, complete the following steps:
    Delete all BlackBerry Internet Service service books from the BlackBerry device.
    Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry device.
    Perform a Register Now operation.
    Send new service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    Cause 15
    The firewall setting on the BlackBerry device is set to block incoming email messages from the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Note: This cause applies to BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 or later.
    Resolution
    Ensure that the firewall is set to allow BlackBerry Internet Service email messages to be delivered to the BlackBerry device. To verify that this setting is correct, perform the following:
    On the BlackBerry device, navigate to Options > Security Options > Firewall.
    Under Block Incoming Messages, confirm that the box next to BlackBerry Internet Service is not checked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps resolve your current issue.
    Last edited by Felixtc; 06-23-2007 at 08:49 AM.

-Felix
    "Carpe Omnius"

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Re: Email not making it to my BB!

I ran into aan issue where I had a desktop client, it deleted the emails off the POP server after it retrieved them. Casued similar issues.