I'm new to blackberries, so my apologies if this is an obvious question. When I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Email "Message Truncated Due To Size"

Advertisement

I'm new to blackberries, so my apologies if this is an obvious question. When I have large attachments, I get this "Message Truncated Due To Size" on my screen. The message is pretty self explanatory, but is there a solution? "Truncation" implies that the message has been broken into smaller bits, but all I get is the subject, sender, and this. I seem to be getting it on messages with 8-9Mb attachments. It's not critical that I see the attachments, just kind of important to see the message and be able to react accordingly. I couldn't find any options or commands to see portions of it (the email message) or anything. On my old phone, I could still at least read the email body--is there a work around for this on the 8100? Big attachments are really common at my workplace, so this could present a significant problem. Could it be a simple matter of clearing some messages?
    Thanks very much

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi astroboy, and welcome to PinStack. I notice you are on BES. Perhaps you should ask your tekkies if there is an IT policy about file sizes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    If you scroll to the bottom of the Message, is there a More Option? Or Open the Menu while in the Message and see if there is a More command? If so click on it. The third option is to go to Messages Options and set the Auto More setting to Yes. If you don't have any of these, I would go with giamburrasca's suggestion to contact your BB admin.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Re: Email "Message Truncated Due To Size"

Ok, I'm having the same problem here. I get PDF attachments that I need to be able to read, and this truncation it's doing is not acceptable.
    I never had this problem on my 7130e, so why is this now a limitation on the new 8130? This doesn't make sense. There has to be some setting that stops this from happening.

I'm bis with TELUS. Since getting the pearl, I've seen more issues with it then I ever did with my 7130e. I can't wait til the curve comes out for us.

If anyone knows how I can turn off this setting, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NickHex81 no está en línea Stack level 3

This happens to me too on my 8100, when it's a large email file. You know what I do? I check my email on my PC.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Well, it pisses me off, because I never had this problem with my 7130e. And I "upgrade" to the Pearl, and now I'm limited? Rotflmao.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Same here anyone have a solution why don't they put the micro sd card to good use and save larger files there
    RedCurv07