Hi, i am a first time bb user and i just got my pearl today. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beazy86 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email / Message Question

Advertisement

Hi, i am a first time bb user and i just got my pearl today. I am using bb zen theme and i set up my .edu email on the phone. My question is on the phones desktop there is a message and a email icon and it shows my emails in the text message icon and in the email icon is there anyway to make it so the message icon only shows my texts and the email only shows emails . thanks

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Email / Message Question

There is one master messages folder that will get all messages from all email accounts into it, it will also include SMS/MMS, and BB Messenger. Every email account you set up, will also create a separate folder for that account. Unfortunately, with the theme you are using, there is no way to separate the emails from the SMS/MMS. Try some of the other themes available. There are some that will have a separate folder for email messages and one for SMS/MMS.

Also, welcome to Pinstack!

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Are you saying that your email icon(folder) is empty and your SMS/MMS icon (folder) is trapping both emails and sms messages?

Please clarify.

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oops! I think I figured out what you are trying to say.

The Zen theme should seperate the different parts.There should be a seperate email folder icon and one combined SMS/MMS icon folder and each type should go where its supposed to.I'm using the Zen theme and I don't have emails in my SMS folder.

Then again, I don't have the 8100 with the higher software version so no clue why your emails are going into both folders. Hopefully someone here who does can help you out.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to pinstack!!! ENjoy your Pearl and feel free to ask us any questions that you may have.

I'm using the 8100 and like lady said all of your messages go to a main folder on your screen titled messages. There are also folders for each separate email account. Yes, the sms/mms messages will show up in that main folder entitled messages, but the sms/mms won't appear in the folder for for your .edu email account. Hope this helps.

beazy86 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome, yea i just thought it was annoying that my emails where displayed in the message folder, i dont understand why they have a master message folder for emails and sms/mms and another folder strictly for email. But, its only a issue with the theme im using right? not the bb in general...

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

All themes will have a master folder folder for messages, where all emails will go to, and sometimes SMS/MMS depending on the theme you are using. You will also get folders for each email account you setup, and emails will show up in that folder as well as the master folder. You can always hide the individual folders that were created for each email account and just use the master folder to save on confusuion.

It isn't an issue with BB. You also have the message folder for the specific email address as well. You can go to the folder for that specific email address and send and view messages. You also have the option to do this at the message folder, but then you'll have to choose which email account you want to show as your sent from address. You don't have to do that when you're at the specific folder for that particular email address. If I'm not mistaken, the separate folders for the email addresses configured with your BB started with os version 4.1 something. I think it is great because I don't have to send my work emails from my personal account and vice versa. I guess its a personal preference thing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

beazy86, Welcome to PinStack.

I think, one more time, that a bit of explaination is necessary. There are NO folders on you BB, unless you are still using BIS 1.8, which is doubtful if you have a Pearl.

All messages, SMS/MMS/Email go into the only message list on your BB. BIS 2.x gives you separate icons for each added email account, that open your message list with a preset filter plus a sent from address loaded. Therefore these icons show only the filtered list of email from that account.

The Zen theme added a separate icon, that had a similar filter for SMS/MMS, so only those are displayed when you open the message list with that Icon.

If this explaination is not enough, check out my post about Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x)

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the clarity rcbjr. I'm not sure why I was thinking folder. I guess just thinking along the lines of outlook, but icon or folder I use interchangeably. Hopefully, your link will better explain for him/her.

Thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I know everybody uses folders and Icons interchangably, But I still happen to have Folders on my BB that I can use to file messages, therefore retaining the ability to use my BB as a tool and not just an email reader/replier/sender.

It's just my pet peave.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

It isn't a problem rcbjr. I have specific folders set up for items for work.

Hopefully, your thread will help to better explain it to the user.