I just set up my email on my phone, but now whenever I receive an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

awsamia no está en línea Stack level 1

Email/Message Folder Question?

Advertisement

I just set up my email on my phone, but now whenever I receive an email it also shows up in my text message folder. How do I turn this off? it's getting kind of annoying considering the ammount of spam I sometimes get.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Email/Message Folder Question?

awsamia, Welcome to PinStack.

Short and simple answer, you don't. Better answer, read the link in my signature to Understanding Multiple Email Icons. Hopefully this will explain the BlackBerry Messages App and how the filters are used to control what is displayed.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thanks for the help, the link explains a lot. How do I create a icon for only sms texts?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That is the one thing you can't do. There may be a theme that you can find or activate on your BB that has this, but that is the only way. I don't know which version of the ZEN has this feature, or if it can be unlocked for your BB. Assuming you have a Pearl, someone may be able to answer this for you.

I just created a filter and assigned a short cut to it. Now when I enter the message list I just Press ALT + that Key and only my sms messages are listed.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

thanks, if anyone has found a solution for this please enlighten me.

rade no está en línea Stack level 1

My P900 and XDA had a feature to create folders for storing messages of different types.Clicking on the messages icon would take it to the folder menu and then you could go into the folder you wanted.

I've noticed all messages are displayed in the same folder - which is really really annoying, along with the no vibrate and ring at same time feature (argh!!!), however if you clickon the menu button, you can then go into 'view folders' and separate the messages based on type, eg. emails, sms, etc.

Is there a way of getting the folder screen up first when you click on messages, rather than having to go through the menu button???

I have to say, from first impressions, the Symbian OS is very much better designed than the Blackberry. :-(

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can't get them to come up directly, but you can create ALT-Key shortcuts that can be used once you are in the message List, using the search feature. There are several default filters already created. Try Messages Option/Search/Recall to see what filters are already available And you "Folders" under View Folders are really just preset filters.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer