Hi I have just set up an email account on my blackberry pearl 8120 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marcus11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Help Please

Advertisement

Hi

I have just set up an email account on my blackberry pearl 8120 and set up a link to my pop3 account at work. The only problem is that only 50% of received emails on my work account come through to my blackberry?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Marcus

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Email Help Please

I'm not sure what you mean by you setup a link to your POP3 account? Did you add your email accounts to your BIS site (Blackberry Internet Service Site)?

Welcome to the "Stacks".
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

THe other thing you have to look at, is the mail program you are using, Blackberry checks POP3 mail every 15 minutes. if your mail program Outlook or what ever is open, and checking mail sonner, and is not set to leave acopy on the server, then it will pull the mail off be fore the blackberry gets it. when you close the mail, then the BB gets it first. What mail program are you using and we can help you set it to leave acopy for the BB no matter what.
    Hope this helps and welcome to the stacks!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Yes I think thats what I did - I set up on my phone to receive emails from my pop3 work account. which I do but not all - it seems to send every other one!!

Thanks

Marcus

its microsoft outlook

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Do you need help setting out look to leave acopy on the server?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

iseeyou626 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3C9C7

pda hit it on the head. Also do you have you BB to win over your main mailbox in: Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation

who do you have set to win?
    "Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4

yes please help to leave mail on the server so I can receive it on both phone and work PC even if I have opened the work copy

Thanks

iseeyou626 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3C9C7

Depends on version:

Outlook 2002 or 2003

Tools, Email Accounts, View or change existing accounts, select the account and click Change. Click the More settings button and look on the Advanced tab.

Outlook 2000 or 98 (CW)

In Corporate/Workgroup mode, the setting will be found at Tools | Services, on the Advanced tab for the Internet E-mail service.
    You can retrieve items remaining on the server by using the Tools | Remote Mail command in Outlook to download and mark headers, then retrieve the marked messages.

Outlook 2000 or 98 (IMO)

In Internet Mail Only mode, the setting will be found at Tools | Accounts, on the Advanced tab for an Internet mail account.
    You will not be able to use the same copy of Outlook to retrieve the retained messages. Try retrieving from Outlook running on another machine, or use a different e-mail program.

Outlook 97

With the Internet E-mail service (Outlook 97 version 8.02 or later, or Internet Mail Enhancement Patch, the setting you want will be found at Tools | Services, on the Advanced tab for the Internet E-mail service.
    Last edited by iseeyou626; 01-04-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Lost thoughts
    "Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4

iseeyou626

Ok I have followed the instruction so hopefully it should work

Many thanks

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Thumbs up Re: Email Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by iseeyou626 View Post
    Depends on version:

Outlook 2002 or 2003

Tools, Email Accounts, View or change existing accounts, select the account and click Change. Click the More settings button and look on the Advanced tab.

Outlook 2000 or 98 (CW)

In Corporate/Workgroup mode, the setting will be found at Tools | Services, on the Advanced tab for the Internet E-mail service.
    You can retrieve items remaining on the server by using the Tools | Remote Mail command in Outlook to download and mark headers, then retrieve the marked messages.

Outlook 2000 or 98 (IMO)

In Internet Mail Only mode, the setting will be found at Tools | Accounts, on the Advanced tab for an Internet mail account.
    You will not be able to use the same copy of Outlook to retrieve the retained messages. Try retrieving from Outlook running on another machine, or use a different e-mail program.

Outlook 97

With the Internet E-mail service (Outlook 97 version 8.02 or later, or Internet Mail Enhancement Patch, the setting you want will be found at Tools | Services, on the Advanced tab for the Internet E-mail service.

Yes thenks indeed, I got stuck on a Phone call and didn't get back to the thread! Good job.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")