I have a Cingular BB 8800 and have set it up for several emails. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

amsarge no está en línea Stack level 2

Email glitch on BES

Advertisement

I have a Cingular BB 8800 and have set it up for several emails. I have the BB email, yahoo and AOL which work fine. I think got permission to use the BES at work to get work emails. I activated it yesterday and after I recieved an email from the IT woman, I replied to her with a thank you. So thats the glitch. I can receive emails with the work account, I can reply with the account, but I can't start a new email from my device. All the calender and phonebook stuff is there off the server. Can anyone delve it this and help me. I was on the phone with RIM for 5 hours today. I resent service books, hard reboots, reset on the BES, wiped my BB, and started over and I still can't send an email with my work account. All other accounts work fine.

Thank you in advance

amsarge

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Email glitch on BES

normally with this problem it's a corrupt or missing service book, but the wipe of the device and the re-activation should have sorted that.

Can you clarify something for me? Is the 'compose email' option missing from the messages menu, or can you create the mail you just cant send it through your BES account?

YOu might need to re-install the software on the handheld if the option to compose is totally missing

Quote Originally Posted by amsarge
    I have a Cingular BB 8800 and have set it up for several emails. I have the BB email, yahoo and AOL which work fine. I think got permission to use the BES at work to get work emails. I activated it yesterday and after I recieved an email from the IT woman, I replied to her with a thank you. So thats the glitch. I can receive emails with the work account, I can reply with the account, but I can't start a new email from my device. All the calender and phonebook stuff is there off the server. Can anyone delve it this and help me. I was on the phone with RIM for 5 hours today. I resent service books, hard reboots, reset on the BES, wiped my BB, and started over and I still can't send an email with my work account. All other accounts work fine.

Thank you in advance

amsarge
    Miles.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Email glitch on BES

As miles asked, is it a sending error or is the option totally missing? If there is an error, what does it say?
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)