I am brand new (1 week) to the Blackberry world and I already have learned ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marcpitch no está en línea Stack level 2

email Folders

Advertisement

I am brand new (1 week) to the Blackberry world and I already have learned so much from many of you. However, I feel like I am finding conflicting information about the creation and management of email folders on the Pearl. From a search of this board, I have found much information about the limitations of folders for email on the Pearl.

However, the user's manual and help screens on my handheld seem to indicate there is way to create additional folders and file emails in these folders. This is from the online user's manual:

Add, change, or delete an email message folder

You can add, change, or delete the email message folder in the email application on your computer. If wireless email reconciliation is

turned on, your BlackBerry® device receives changes that you make to the email message folder on your computer over the wireless
    network.
    If wireless email reconciliation is turned off or is not available for your device, reconcile the changes using the email settings tool of the
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager. See the
    BlackBerry Desktop Software Online Help

First, what does this all mean? And, doesn't this conflict with the various posts on here saying that you cannot create email folders or manage them??? I am confused. Thanks ahead of time to anybody who can explain this.

Lastly, are there current 3rd part appications that work to help create and manage email folders on the Pearl? I saw information about an application beginning with an "E" but it seems that is only being tested now....right?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: email Folders

Quote Originally Posted by marcpitch
    I am brand new (1 week) to the Blackberry world and I already have learned so much from many of you. However, I feel like I am finding conflicting information about the creation and management of email folders on the Pearl. From a search of this board, I have found much information about the limitations of folders for email on the Pearl.

However, the user's manual and help screens on my handheld seem to indicate there is way to create additional folders and file emails in these folders. This is from the online user's manual:

Add, change, or delete an email message folder

You can add, change, or delete the email message folder in the email application on your computer. If wireless email reconciliation is

turned on, your BlackBerry® device receives changes that you make to the email message folder on your computer over the wireless
    network.
    If wireless email reconciliation is turned off or is not available for your device, reconcile the changes using the email settings tool of the
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager. See the
    BlackBerry Desktop Software Online Help

First, what does this all mean? And, doesn't this conflict with the various posts on here saying that you cannot create email folders or manage them??? I am confused. Thanks ahead of time to anybody who can explain this.

Lastly, are there current 3rd part appications that work to help create and manage email folders on the Pearl? I saw information about an application beginning with an "E" but it seems that is only being tested now....right?
    I believe those are directions for BES users. Email Reconciliation only works for people connect to the BES servers.

Empower is working on a Folder Management system...I believe it isn't out yet. Don't think it has even gone to beta.

So for right now you will have individual email accounts/icons for each account you push to your blackberry. Those all get filtered into the General Message Folder/icon.

You do have other folders...to access those you need to Open you General Message Folder, Hit menu, View Folder. That should list about 9 different folders.

That's about all you can do at this point. Hope that helps.