Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I use Cingular/AT&T. Some emails I receive after 5-10 minutes, and some after 3-4 hours, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

email delay

Advertisement

I use Cingular/AT&T. Some emails I receive after 5-10 minutes, and some after 3-4 hours, and anywhere in between that time frame. is it a service issue or BB ? kinda defeats the point of having a BB isn't it?

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: email delay

Try resending the service books, it might help speed things up. I have had a similar issue, and it seems to be the network, not the device, and its a real pain in the ***. Once I resent the Service Books, the speed drastically increased, within 1-5 mins.

may sound like I am really clueless, but I don't mind that:
    How do I resend the service book?
    and would it override the current one?

PIN/ID

go to settings -> advanced options -> host routing table -> hit the menu button -> click "register now". What it will do is re-register your blackberry on the network, creating a new connection of sorts. It should help rectify your issue.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Let us know if it helps

ok so now I have a new icon called "enterprise activation" and when I click it says the following-

Email:
    Password:
    Pin: (there is a pin number)

Do I need to add an email and password, or can I ingnore it? I have multiple accounts and wouldn't know which one to enter, or what the effect would be of entering that account. do you know what I mean?

PIN/ID

are you a BES user? If not, the application doesn't apply to you, it allows for the activation of the device to a BES server.

not BES user.
    A report: haven't received emails to the BB that I have recieved on my PC, 45 minutes and counting...

PIN/ID

I'd give your carrier a call, might be an error on their end. I'm on T-Mobile, and theyre usually helpful with things like that.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

i had the same problem when i used my college's IMAP server, it took about 3 hours for some emails and 5-10min for others, completely random.

What i ended up doing was telling my college's email to auto forward a copy of all emails to my *@mycingular.blackberry.net email i setup, and i get them faster now than my Outlook does. It's working fine for me now.

Many thanks for your help dw, will do
    ok steed, will look into it, in the meantime am with Cingular on the line, if they can't help me, I would adopt your method

PIN/ID

Its definately not your device, its the network. Cingular sometimes "forgets" to even push the browser to some of their bb cells. stupid.

david

stoneypointe no está en línea Stack level 1

I am on T-Mobile and have experienced the same slow delivery only for my pop accounts. In some cases takes 1 hour, sometimes up to 8 hours and lately I am not even getting them, and of course I get them on my thunderbird client. I called t-mobile, we tried different things and they concluded that the problem is with my ISP. Now, I have 2 different ISPs and everything worked fine with Sprint and my Treo.
    I had enough so now I am forwarding my pop emails to my tmo account.
    I have setup gmail and it works really good, but every time i reply from my pearl i get a copy in my pearl inbox. Has anyone experienced this same issue? Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Thanks

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    Its definately not your device, its the network. Cingular sometimes "forgets" to even push the browser to some of their bb cells. stupid.

david
    That's happened to me. But the email delay I have not experienced.

chadsteruw no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypointe
    I am on T-Mobile and have experienced the same slow delivery only for my pop accounts. In some cases takes 1 hour, sometimes up to 8 hours and lately I am not even getting them, and of course I get them on my thunderbird client. I called t-mobile, we tried different things and they concluded that the problem is with my ISP. Now, I have 2 different ISPs and everything worked fine with Sprint and my Treo.
    I had enough so now I am forwarding my pop emails to my tmo account.
    I have setup gmail and it works really good, but every time i reply from my pearl i get a copy in my pearl inbox. Has anyone experienced this same issue? Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Thanks
    I get the same thing with my gmail. My best guess is because the way gmail is set up when you view it on the web and it shows messages grouped by thread, even your replies, so that's why you get it on your BB too.

Hopefully that made sense. I haven't found a way to "fix" the problem, i just figured that's how it worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast