My company are considering changing from 7100s to 8100s but are trying to find out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Smile email attachments...Can It be done?

Advertisement

My company are considering changing from 7100s to 8100s but are trying to find out if it is possible to xfer (Btooth or USB) files to an 8100 then attach them to email and send? Has anyone been able to test this.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: email attachments...Can It be done?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I do it with my 8100 every day! Its an awesome feature!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack, let us know if you have any other questions.

skyy no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using a apple ibook g4 1024 gb ram Mac os X vERSİON 10.4 and i have a pearl 8100 with latest software. İ can not send any files via bluetooth to my pearl . it says Device does not have necessary services . Help Please , i want to put my logos , word documents and excel price lists to my phone. Thanks guys

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Skyy - I was wondering is your company running BES? If your BES isn't configured with bluetooth transfer policy I don't think it is possible to send files via bluetooth. Are you using a third party bluetooth adapter with your ibook or is it a internal module?

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Jock - the 8100 to my knowledge isn't capable of transferring via bluetooth when concerning regular data files. Now if it was a media file that is another story. Are you going to be using media cards with these devices as well? Secondly as far as the attaching of files and emailing them I eas under the impression this wasn't possible with the current OS. Maybe if Toddboy71 would elaborate on how he accomplishes this task maybe we all will have a little more knowledge on the subject. I don't own a pearl but from what I have seen here on Pinstack this is what I have learnt. Toddboy71 if you can give us your views about this. Thanks.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Felixtc - What I need to be able to do is transfer everything from CAD files to Word files onto the 8100 and then attach them to outgoing mail (Just like I would do on my desktop). We will be using expansion microSD cards with the 8100. The transfer can be by any means possible if bluetooth does not support generic file transfer then USB cable would be fine. If attaching files to outgoing emails is not possible in the current OS does anyone know if this feature will be added some time?

Toddboy71 - If you have been able to do this then please let us know how. I have been trying to get a definitive answer from my service provider T-mobile but it would be easier to knit fog.

Thanks for the help...
    Last edited by jock; 02-28-2007 at 05:50 AM.

skyy no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone ,
    i dont use a company server with my pearl and my ibook has a internal bluetooth adapter. I hadnt any problems with my old symbian os platform nokia phones .
    But now i cant send any files via bluetooth to my pearl . I f i can able to transfer word or excel documents to my media card in pearl . Can i attach those files using mail attachment feature in my pearl ? Thanks

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

I'm no expert but AFIK you need to email the attachment to your Pearl (rather than Bluetooth file transfer) then forward the email with attachment to any address you choose.