Hi all Had my 8120 for 3 months now with no major issues until yesterday ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wembley99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email & service book probs

Advertisement

Hi all

Had my 8120 for 3 months now with no major issues until yesterday when all my emails stopped coming through. Did the standard checks and tried resending service books with a 15 minute battery pull and this brought through a couple of emails but nowhere near all of them.

Rang my provider, O2UK, and they advised deleting all my email accounts from BIS and re-entering and resending. Did this but again nothing. Not even one email.

Tried it a second time and instead of re-entering all my accounts I just re-entered my two main ones. However, after the battery pull all my email accounts reappeared on the device.

Went through Advanced Options>Service Book and deleted all the email accounts from there. Tried resending the service books (again with just my main email accounts) and yet again all my email accounts reappeared on the homescreen.

This is telling me that the new service books are not getting through and that my device is not clearning the old accounts.

Can someone please help asap as I am reliant on my mobile email for soooo many things, including having my work emails redirected for when I'm out and about.

Please???

OS is 4.5 by the way if that helps...

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    Sounds like you have tried just about everything except a wipe of the device.

I have had the same issue several times on Alltel (connected to a sprint tower) and the only way I can get it working again is to backup and wipe the device..

Kris

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok am connected to DTM and have backed up. How do I wipe?

*scared*

Go to Options >> Security Options >> General Settings then hit the menu key and select Wipe Handheld..

Nothing to be afraid of, its and easy process.. Once its done and boots back up just restore the back up!

Kris

Done the deed...

Now the email accounts are still showing. And more worryingly I'm not connected to network. Says "Radio Off" when I try to do anything. How do I re-register with the network?

1st turn the radio back on. Go to the Manage Connectios icon and check the box next to Mobile Network.

Once connected go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table then hit menu button and select register now.

Kris

Ah, figured it now. And now have 89 emails and counting! Thanks Kris!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wembley99 View Post
    Ah, figured it now. And now have 89 emails and counting! Thanks Kris!!!
    Awesome! Glad you are up and running!!! More than happy to help! Enjoy reading them emails

Kris

Chuckleberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just a thought, - do not know if you use outlook or any other desktop mail client for that matter, but if you are using a mail client make sure it is set to leave a copy of mail on server. If it is not set to do so there will be nothing for the bis to see.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
    Just a thought, - do not know if you use outlook or any other desktop mail client for that matter, but if you are using a mail client make sure it is set to leave a copy of mail on server. If it is not set to do so there will be nothing for the bis to see.
    That is very true, also Hotmail is very picky about getting e-mails, especially if you're logged in. I'm glad your problem got solved by wiping the device, it's the sacrifice that has to be made in VERY rare circumstances, but after the deed is done, the problem will probably be fixed.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Hi, I just upgraded to 4.5.0.44 and I seem to have lost the option to delete messages on my mailbox. When I delete something on the handheld, the dialog box just confirms the delete, it doesn't off "mailbox and handheld" as an option anymore. Now when I delete, the files only go away on my handheld. Is this just a setting I've never needed to change before. Any ideas?

Edit: After downgrading OS's to try and solve the problem, I found that I simply needed to re-do my reconciliation settings (which I never had to mess with before)
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=79871 woops!
    Last edited by astroboy; 09-18-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: I am a moron (and found the answer after further looking)