Anyone have a Pearl and do quite a bit of internet browsing and emails? What's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fishcube no está en línea Stack level 2

Email & Browsing?

Advertisement

Anyone have a Pearl and do quite a bit of internet browsing and emails? What's it like on the Pearl? I mainly get online for message boards, google searching etc and checking email alot, mailing lists etc.

I'm used to browsing on a Ipod touch, and have been wanting a smartphone, so I can combine my cell phone with PDA like device. I like the size of the pearl, as I dont want something too big. I do like the large screen of the iPod touch, but hate the keyboard. I dont mind sacrificing screen size for alot more function, that the Pearl offers.

Anyone have the case made for the pearl, that puts it in sleep mode? Is it made well? Work well with the pearl?

Is there a fast way to mute the phone, for use in a movie theature etc?

Still trying to decide on the red or amethyst. Plan on going tonight to decide and buy.
    Last edited by fishcube; 05-12-2008 at 10:27 AM.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    I use the pearl and I use a lot of web browsing too.its prett good and fast with the blackberry browser or you could also download a 3rd party browser called opera mini.you could use the oem case that will put the blackberry to sleep while holstered.

On the top of the pearl there is a button to mute the phone.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hello and welcome to PinStack .

First, you should definitely get a BB .

I have the BB Pearl 8100 and I will probably stick to it.

I like the 8100 because it is smaller than the other BBs and still has most if not all of the functions. The one thing my current BB does not have is video.

Suretype is the keyboard that the Pearl's have, and it is extremely easy to type with. I do not like the Curve or other BBs because all their buttons are separate in QWERTY style keyboard, and they buttons are smaller too.

Email and web browsing are quite fast, and you'll be surprised. The newer BBs can use Wi-Fi to quicken their browsing speed. Once emails are set up with your BB, they go directly to your BB, no waiting or having to refresh your inboxes.

I have the OEM pouch that comes with the BB and it protects it very well, it also has sleep mode. I also have the "Gobile" leather case that swivels and has sleep mode, and I use this more since it has a belt clip.

I am waiting for my replacement case from Case-Mate, which is a lot better than my current cases, but does not have sleep mode. Check them out at www.case-mate.com.

There are 2 shortcut keys on the Pearl on either side of the phone, and you can set these to whatever you like, including Profiles to switch them faster.

I can't help you with the color choice, but I would go with darker colors personally. It is whichever color appeals to you more.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 05-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

fishcube no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks. Actually the latest model is 8130, which is the one I'm getting. It does not have wifi. I'm just hoping the speed isn't too slow compared to our home wifi, which is satellite Internet (lowest speed).
    SK
    ---
    Got my first Blackberry, a Red Pearl on 5/12 !!
    I'm loving it !!!!!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    The latest for TMO is the 8120, which has Wi-Fi and video capture.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...f-29937cad4990

^link to TMO 8120
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use my Pearl for everything. Phone, email, web, I.M., text, games, MP3 player, organizer. Screen size if perfect. Typing is easy with the 8120 due to enhanced SureType word completion, custom wordlist and spell checking.

Phone quality is very clear via Bluetooth and the phone itself.

I'd say it is the best of the 2 pearl models I've owned. Good luck.