Hi Everyone, Been using my 8220 for about a week now (Rogers), and I must ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tenace no está en línea Stack level 1

EDGE and WiFi is slow - what to do?

Hi Everyone,
    Been using my 8220 for about a week now (Rogers), and I must say, the more I use it, the more I'm liking it. I switched over from an 8300, mainly because my old data plan was waaaay to expensive.

I didn't buy this phone for browsing, so its not a big deal, but when I go to the Vancouver craigslist home page, I just timed it and it takes 25 seconds! This has been consistent with all the other times I tried. Lets not even talk about other web sites since craigslist is pretty much all text.

That seems a bit long, and I notice the status bar bouncing back and forth between "Loading" and "Requesting" for 10-15 seconds before it finally starts loading the 19K page.

I've read bits and pieces of some reviews indicating that browsing is slow, so I just wanted to see if this was normal, or there was a setting or update I should apply.
    I just checked the "Application" section, and I'm on 4.6. Not sure if thats the right place to check, but any input would be great.
    Thanks guys.
    the Prez

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Check out options-about to get the full version of what you are running.

Have to checked to see if anything is running in the background? Also, do a battery pull. Craigslist might be running slow because the phoen has to transition all those columns into a single row of one long column. I would also check your WiFi settings...make sure you have full power coming from your modem and that you are plugged into your modem not a modem that's somewhere near you where you aren't getting all the power you should be getting.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you using the device browser or a 3rd party browser, like Operamini. That can make a difference too, since the later versions of opera have a more accomodating load page than the device browser and quicker navigation.