Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Edit: lol, I accidentally said I put it in "fish" detergent lol. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Re: easy trackball removal and cleaning

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Edit: lol, I accidentally said I put it in "fish" detergent lol. Stupid suretype. I did however out it in "dish" detergent.

-MP

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I think I would rather play it safe and just use a little alcohol on a q-tip.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Well I tried the bleach thing, and it didn't really do much. I mean there is a alight cleanliness difference but I think that's about as clean as my poor trackball is gonna get. Unless rim comes out with a whitening solution you can dip it in. although they probably don't condone dismantling the phone to much.

-MP

anqelkay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F62F80

Just cleaned my trackball.

94explorer no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey, my two bit note! Just an FYI! Take this as you will, but I have a little kit set up in my bathroom. Once or twice a week I take an old tooth brush, and qtips diped in rubbing alchol. And I clean the piss out of it while I go to the bathroom! I know it sounds funny, but what else you got to do duering that time? Every thing is right there under the sink! Soft tooth brush, I also put a can of air there. Ok enough from me, and my BB

creole no está en línea Stack level 1

i'd break it fer sure

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Anyways....A little update.

For sometime now I've been having issues with the trackball scrolling to the right. Major pain in the arse! Finally took the "plunge" (sorry for the pun) and dunked my trackball assembly into HOT water and some Dawn Dish detergent.

Took a shot glass, tiny drop of Dawn, and shook the heck out of it! Rinsed it, then shot some compressed air at it for quite a while. Made sure it was TOTALLY dry.

It's like I have a new trackball assembly!!!! It's not the stark white it use to be, but the baby scrolls like a charm. I could care less if it white or not, I just wanted it to scroll.

Also I didn't want to return my device since it's a PAIN in the butt to do so and I recently got it unlocked...didn't really want to wait another 90 days for an unlock code.

Thanks for the previous posters tips with HOT water and Dish soap!

Cheers
    ~red

rizzo70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I'm glad to hear it's working out for everyone

Now how about those people who broke something while trying to clean there track ball
    come on you know some one did lets hear your story

mmacko no está en línea Stack level 1

I wasnt even trying to take the ring off or clean it and poof, the top loosened and now its in a fragile state.

anyone know of a place I can get the trackball ring replaced?

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

ya i just cleaned mine not a problem took it aparat to last detail an then put it back hehe was quite fun when i lost that one magnetic pin haha

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

thanks for this thread... my pearl is not wanting to scroll downwards any more so i'll need to do this.

edit: hmm.. i can't seem to get that loose flimsy retaining clip back on... but it works just fine without it.
    Last edited by anfrey; 06-23-2007 at 05:23 PM.

fivetwo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    noASKME

I usually don't bother replying to threads I read here at pinstack, but I felt completely obligated to after finding this one. You see, my trackball refused to scroll down, but I highly doubt that had anything to do with the fancy case I use to store it (ie., my left pocket). I searched the threads for anything that would help me and before I knew it I was using the shotglass method described in this thread. I just can't get over the fact that you can submerge the entire trackball assembly (which looks like a tiny lego car by the way) in water. Although I can say that it honestly doesn't blow my mind. A few weeks ago, I drunkenly fell into my pool. Don't ask how I managed to pull it off, just know that my phone was amazing carrying case (again, see left jean pocket) and both of my legs were under. You'll understand just what I mean when I tell you that before I worried about keeping my head above water, my hands instinctively went for my crackberry as my left leg jerked to the surface. I had placed the phone on the edge of the pool no less than 2 seconds after I had fallen into it. At this point I was obviously terrified, but much to my avail everything seems to be working smoothly. I submit that the entire blackberry is waterproof, but I certainly won't be the first to try it (again)! What made you try dropping it into a solution?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by fivetwo
    I usually don't bother replying to threads I read here at pinstack, but I felt completely obligated to after finding this one. You see, my trackball refused to scroll down, but I highly doubt that had anything to do with the fancy case I use to store it (ie., my left pocket). I searched the threads for anything that would help me and before I knew it I was using the shotglass method described in this thread. I just can't get over the fact that you can submerge the entire trackball assembly (which looks like a tiny lego car by the way) in water. Although I can say that it honestly doesn't blow my mind. A few weeks ago, I drunkenly fell into my pool. Don't ask how I managed to pull it off, just know that my phone was amazing carrying case (again, see left jean pocket) and both of my legs were under. You'll understand just what I mean when I tell you that before I worried about keeping my head above water, my hands instinctively went for my crackberry as my left leg jerked to the surface. I had placed the phone on the edge of the pool no less than 2 seconds after I had fallen into it. At this point I was obviously terrified, but much to my avail everything seems to be working smoothly. I submit that the entire blackberry is waterproof, but I certainly won't be the first to try it (again)! What made you try dropping it into a solution?
    Hey fivetwo, i can't answer that question, but I know it worked wonders for me. All the credit goes to rizzo for that one. Maybe he can answer that one? How did the cleaning go by the way?

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

nut bro plz post some more pictures that newbies dont harm their pearl

PIN/ID
    STACK

This is not for the rookie BB users...I'm working on a thread with pics. Working on a couple right now so hopefully i can get them up soon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast