Well, my trusty faithful AT&T Red Pearl gave up last night and the earpiece quit ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Earpiece died, Getting replacement

Advertisement

Well, my trusty faithful AT&T Red Pearl gave up last night and the earpiece quit working. Now I can only make calls if I use the Speakerphone or a BT headset, (which I don't have at the moment). I've had it since April '07, and its never given me a lick of problems.

I know this issue has been pretty common among Pearls, I'm looking for input from users that had this problem: How hard was it to get a warranty replacement out of your company?

I am especially interested in hearing from AT&T users that had to deal with this. (Or Harry and the other AT&T Reps who can offer guidance)

Thanks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Earpiece died, Getting replacement

I have had 2 Pearl earpieces go bad in 6 months, it must be a defect or inferior equiptment.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Earpiece died, Getting replacement

Yes, I've read many, many threads on here about the issue. Just never had it happen to me until now.

The update is AT&T didn't give me any hassle about it, unless you count the 3 different times I was transferred to "someone that can assist you" and the 20 minutes it took for that process to play out.

My replacement is being shipped today, should have it by the end of the week. I'll be curious to see if they try to claim my phone has been "physically damaged" (it hasn't) so they can charge me the $250 they say they can if there is evidence of damage. It has a couple of normal wear and tear scratches on the chrome top piece. Thats the part that sticks out of my leather holster, so I guess the chrome didn't like the change in my pocket some days.

So far, consider me a satisfied customer. I am giving all the credit to Harry3334, just cuz he's a stacker.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.