My wife and I both have the sprint 8130 (purchased about a week ago). We're ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jchapell no está en línea Stack level 1

E-mailing Videos from one 8130 to another

Advertisement

My wife and I both have the sprint 8130 (purchased about a week ago). We're trying to e-mail videos taken on the pearl to eachother, but something's not working. When either of us receive the e-mail with an attached video, there is no option to download or view the attachment. In fact, the e-mail doesn't have the little paperclip showing that there is an attachment. The attachment does show up in the e-mail when I check it on the computer. E-mailing other attachments (pictures) works like normal. Any thoughts?

(Second, lesser question, is there a specific program that would be good for viewing the videos on a computer?)

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: E-mailing Videos from one 8130 to another

make sure that you have the bb attachment services.
    to check if you have it, go to
    setting>>adv. options>> application> it should be the third or fourth line
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Yep, I just checked, attachment services are there, but no luck...

Bumpidy bump...I know another guy w/ a pearl and he can't figure this out either, and I haven't found anything from searching. The problem, again, is that a pearl can't open a video e-mailed from another pearl (that was videoed from the pearl camera).

Thanks!

zimbu1234 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jchapell View Post
    Bumpidy bump...I know another guy w/ a pearl and he can't figure this out either, and I haven't found anything from searching. The problem, again, is that a pearl can't open a video e-mailed from another pearl (that was videoed from the pearl camera).

Thanks!
    Have you tried using BB Messenger, you can easily send pics that way. I dont have an 8130 or 8120 so I am just throwing ths solution out there, without ever trying it.

What format are these videos by the way?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by zimbu1234 View Post

What format are these videos by the way?
    3gp im sure

Boomergtp no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jchapell View Post
    My wife and I both have the sprint 8130 (purchased about a week ago). We're trying to e-mail videos taken on the pearl to eachother, but something's not working. When either of us receive the e-mail with an attached video, there is no option to download or view the attachment. In fact, the e-mail doesn't have the little paperclip showing that there is an attachment. The attachment does show up in the e-mail when I check it on the computer. E-mailing other attachments (pictures) works like normal. Any thoughts?

(Second, lesser question, is there a specific program that would be good for viewing the videos on a computer?)
    I've had the same problem after some research and call my service provider (Alltel) The email attachment service is not able to view a video file ex. 3GP, .mpg, or any video file. The only work around I have found was sending the video to my hotmail account and using the opera browser to download it. I have a pop email account too and this didn't work for me i have not tried yahoo mail. Hope this helps.

PS. I have even tried zip'n the video and sending it from computer to email and this didn't work either.

I have downloaded Jive Talk (Instant Messenger Program) and it is capible to upload files. But i haven't tried uploading to another BB pearl.
    Last edited by Boomergtp; 01-12-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Update:

Reesa23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    325FA8A8
    I'm now having this exact same issue on my 8130 pearl with US Cellular. My friend is having the same issue on her 8130 pearl with Verizon. At this point I forward them to my yahoo e-mail and view them on my home computer but I'd like to be able to view them on my pearl. I do have the BB attachment services.
    Carrier: US Cellular
    NEW PIN # 312D19A4

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone find an answer to this? Is it a limitation of BIS? Perhaps the file type isn't allowed to pass through the ftp gatway?

I now have a BB Bold and it bites that I cannot send/recv video files.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

angryjesus no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is strange indeed! I've got a pearl with sprint, and I've had no problems with video attachments. I've even saved non-viewable formats to my card for later watching at home.
    As for watching 3gp movies at home, quicktime should do the trick. I hope you figure out what's wrong.

rovermon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8138 and my wife has the chocolate phone.(Verizon) When I send video to her, I send by MMS. Never had any problems that way.
    And Quick Time player works great for viewing .3gp. And one more thing, recording video to send, change your video options for video format to MMS,
    I hope this works for you.