Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Im having the same problem but I dont understand what you mean by hiding the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec

Re: E-Mail/SMS

Advertisement

Im having the same problem but I dont understand what you mean by hiding the folder, i wont know when I get email or sms. Can someone explain?

Thanks
    Dan

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

well on my bb i have three folders, one named messages one named my gmail adress and the other my tmo. adress. now if i seperate the messagtes and emails i get another icon i can just see sms and mms but i still have the third folder labelled messages that i will just hide so it wont be there.. i tihnk i confused it more lol let me know

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by dsears33
    Im having the same problem but I dont understand what you mean by hiding the folder, i wont know when I get email or sms. Can someone explain?

Thanks
    Dan
    For any icon on your applications menu, you can elect to "hide" the ones that you don't use or that create more confusion by having them there.

Most often people use this option for hiding the various message folders that are created for each email account you have. If you have one or two email addresses pushing to your phone, its not necessarily a big deal. 4 or 5, suddenly the apps menu gets a little crowded.

For any application that you'd like to hide, in the application menu scroll over the icon and press the Menu button. Then select "Hide Icon" and it will remove it from view. You haven't deleted the icon. Any time you want to see the hidden icons, click the menu button again and select "Show All".
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    30bc7eec

I separated my messages and I didnt get an additional icon, I just have the same ones I had before.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

but lets say you get a sms or an email do two of your folders light up?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

If your folders are separated, if you get an SMS, only the SMS folder will light up. If you get an email, the messages folder will light up, and the email folder for that address will light up. (Assuming you don't have any of them hidden)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by dsears33
    I separated my messages and I didnt get an additional icon, I just have the same ones I had before.
    If you separated your SMS messages from the Messages folder, you should now have two messages folders. One is the default "combined" folder and the other the SMS Inbox.

PIN/ID
    30bc7eec

if I get an email, my email and sms light up. i have bb mail folder sms folder and a google email folder.

Cant get the mail to where its supposed to go,

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

right so what i do cause i hanvt found a better way is to seperate the mesages under the options menu and hide the messages folder and keep the gmail, sms, and tmo folder

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Not sure what you are asking.

You have separated your SMS Inbox from your Messages folder. Now you are hiding your messages folder and keeping the SMS Inbox and the separate email folders. Is that it?

What are you not able to do?

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

Instead of having it theme controlled separate them and they will always be separate, then if you don't want them all together just move the icons around

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

thats it latufu thats what i did lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12