How do I fix the fact that when I get a e-mail sent through Yahoo ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

am172 no está en línea Stack level 1

e-mail problem

Advertisement

How do I fix the fact that when I get a e-mail sent through Yahoo it sends it to my phone in two different places. it will send it in a form of a text message and also it will send it in my e-mail icon.oh and by the way my service provider is att

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: e-mail problem

Do you have Yahoo Alerts set to text you? Go to http://alerts.yahoo.com and login. Then take a look to see if you have it set to "text" alert you when Mail arrives.

I have just checked the yahoo alert and It is not set up to send me an alert if I get mail

oemwoodruff no está en línea Stack level 2

What provider do you have?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

AT&T.

Do you have any text alerts setup to send you alerts to that phone number?

OK am172. would it be a big hassle to remove you Yahoo email account and send yourself an email to that Yahoo account to see if you still get the Text message?

I have deleted my yahoo account from my phone and I sent myself an e-mail. I no longer get a text message. it only sends me a text message if I have an e-mail account on my phone.

oemwoodruff no está en línea Stack level 2

It may be that the at&t system had you set up for alerts. These would come to your phone when an email account is set up. They may need to remove that alert for you on their system. It's worth a "quick" phone call.

theraven51 no está en línea Stack level 1

As soon as I posted this I figured out how to fix it. When I went into one of my email accounts and selected options, then general options, there is a setting for SMS and Email inboxes. Mine was set to Theme controlled and when I changed it to seperate, there were no more duplicate emails. Hope this helps.

I'm very new to this phone and I'm having the same issue with my Gmail account and I have Verizon as a provider. It seems like the messages folder seems to be a catch all to display any type of message the phone gets. Is there any way to seperate text messages to have them go to a seperate folder?
    Last edited by theraven51; 11-27-2007 at 04:07 PM.