ok i am a little confused with the way my phone handles e-mails and sms. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bberry124 no está en línea Stack level 2

e-mail and sms

Advertisement

ok i am a little confused with the way my phone handles e-mails and sms. I have gone through all of the themes and my favorite is today plus i believe its called. its the one with messages, call log and callendar on the top and when you scroll down , 5 more icons will pop up.

my question is how do i seperate my 2 email accounts from my sms messages. all of my messages go into the same folder. when i was using other themes, there was seperate folders for my different accounts. also, along the same lines, when i send an e-mail it always sends it from the same e-mail address, is there a way to set a default one or do i have to change it whenever i send an e-mail?

thanks for your help

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi bberry124. If you download the Zen theme, there will be separate icons for e-mail and SMS.

Yes, the same originating e-mail address is shown unless you change it in the profiles section of your account setup site.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You can get more information about how the messages list works in this thread, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x)

As to sending email from the different accounts, I'm not sure of how to do that as I haven't transitioned to BIS 2.x.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The separation of SMS from email is only a function of 4.1 Zen; this is NOT the case with 4.2 Zen on the Pearl.

You should use filter shortcuts when in the Messages app list to view only email or only SMS. There are several shortcuts which are default, but the best method is to go into the shortcuts and view them all and edit or add new to meet your own preferences.

From the Messages app, press Menu --> Search --> press Menu --> select Recall. This will display the list of shortcuts currently defined.

Shortcuts are accessed by pressing ALT + (letter) from the Messages list. This will filter the view to display only what is defined within the shortcut.

As for sending from address, you're with Rogers, and a new customer to BlackBerry (I'm assuming), so therefore you're on BIS 2.1.

When you enter the compose screen for an email, the very top of the screen ought to display "Send Using: [default]". To change the send using field, scroll up, click the ball, highlight the account you wish to use, then click the ball again.

As you compose emails and send from a specific account to a certain contact in the Address Book, the BlackBerry will remember this and automatically choose the "send using" for you after you have entered the recipient in the "to:" field.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    Hey thanks Lewis that was a good shortcut. Learn something new everyday.
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    PIN#:204B9B8D
    Yahoo Messenger ID:tony597fitter

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just sharing my knowledge, that's all.