I just got a Blackberry Pearl a couple days ago. I switched from the T-Mobile ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SuicideUZI no está en línea Stack level 2

E-Mail and Messages question

Advertisement

I just got a Blackberry Pearl a couple days ago. I switched from the T-Mobile MDA because of a few different reasons. So far I like the BB Pearl but I have a couple questions about e-mail and messaging.

I setup my gmail account on my BB and it seems to work fine, but one thing that is annoying me is I have an icon for messages and email on the main screen and when I get an email it will show up under both icons. Is there a way to keep it seperate so only regular txt messages show up under one icon and only email shows up under the other icon?

The 2nd question I had is where do you go to change the notification tone for messages, and is it possible to have a different tone for txt messages and email?

Any help would be appriciated.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Suicide:

By default, you have a messages folder which keeps all messages (SMS, MMS, and all emails accounts). Whenever you set up another email account, it automatically sets up another folder. Yes, it does show up in both. While you can't seperate them, many people (including myself) just hide the email icon and leave the messages icon. To do this, just hold down Alt and click the scrollbutton and that will give you the ability to hide the other icon.

Secondly, to change notification tones, go into profiles, scroll down to Advanced then select the profile you want to change. You can then open up SMS and select the tone you like.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Additionally, if you use just the main Message List, you can set up ALT+Shortcut Key filters using the search command in the Messages Menu. Check out the Understanding Multiple Email Icons link in my signature for a more detailed explanation of the Message List operation.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I figured out how to change my notification tones but is there any way to set it so that it vibrates and plays the tone at the same time? All i see is vibrate, tone, and vibrate first then tone

Also what would cause the BB to not be able to play an mp3? I transfered a mp3 to the device that I wanted to set as a ring tone, and the BB cannot play the file for some reason. It is just a regular mp3, not some other format like .ogg or anything. I do not have a microSD card yet, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Suicide, Unfortunately you can't have vibrate and tone at the same time, at least not yet. I'll leave the mp3 question to someone more familiar with it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: E-Mail and Messages question

SuicideUZI, there are several reason the mp3 won't play on your Pearl, the most likely being incompatible settings. I'm not really the expert as I don't play around with mp3s that much, but maybe our ringtone experts can help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

You need to have them in the ringtone folder not the Music one.

The MP3s in my music folder can not be used for ringtones but the ones in my ringtone folder can.

i put it in the ringtones folder, i did not even see a music folder

How would I go about changing the email icon on the main screen back to the call log icon? I am using the T-Mobile Zen theme

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe it's under Options/Configure Home Screen or Options/Configure Applications. Or maybe just at the bottom of the Applications List. Not really sure as I don't use the Zen theme.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

thanks I found it, it was under Options/Organize Applications