I'd love to start moving some of my e-books to Booberry, but I'm not entirely ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lynza no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF2024

Question E-Books - Do they require any special formatting?

Advertisement

I'd love to start moving some of my e-books to Booberry, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it.

I've seen a bunch of (IMO, cruddy) choices that can be purchased, but they're nothing I want, and I'm certainly not going to pay for the privilege of using something I already own.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: E-Books - Do they require any special formatting?

The only e-book reader I use is Mobipocket and it works very will with the berry among other devices. I carry about a dozen ebooks with me at any given time. It's very easy with Mobipocket to move books to your device. It's very versatile and FREE!
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    The only e-book reader I use is Mobipocket and it works very will with the berry among other devices. I carry about a dozen ebooks with me at any given time. It's very easy with Mobipocket to move books to your device. It's very versatile and FREE!
    thanks for the tip... I went and downloaded it and bought a book to test it out....this is soooo awesome....

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Good deal. I get a lot of my ebooks from newsgroups. The ones designed for Palm, pdb files, work very well on Mobipocket but they aren't the only ones. html, pdf and txt files work. I think Mobipocket converts those other files when you load them into the libraries.

Another thing I love about Mobipocket is a robust feature set. You can set your fonts sizes and colors and backgrounds to whatever suites you. I read mostl in bed at night and I find the "inverted" setting works great. White text on black background. In the dark it keeps the screen from burning a hole in my eye...
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    Good deal. I get a lot of my ebooks from newsgroups. The ones designed for Palm, pdb files, work very well on Mobipocket but they aren't the only ones. html, pdf and txt files work. I think Mobipocket converts those other files when you load them into the libraries.

Another thing I love about Mobipocket is a robust feature set. You can set your fonts sizes and colors and backgrounds to whatever suites you. I read mostl in bed at night and I find the "inverted" setting works great. White text on black background. In the dark it keeps the screen from burning a hole in my eye...
    cool I will try that......