How can I put a DVD on my pearl? Thanks.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

dvds on pearl help

Advertisement

How can I put a DVD on my pearl? Thanks.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

Re: dvds on pearl help

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well howdy partner lol. Anyay if your pearl is new the DM software should come with a media manager. I have the 8830 world edition and I just put a couple music vids, a full length dvd, some Michael Jordan clips, all on my berry once you get the desired dvd use the media manager to look for it. The latest version DM has roxio as for the media manager, just find the file using roxio highlight and there is a tab that says copy down. Select the file folder on your berry you want it saved to and hit the button. A box shoud pop up asking if you want it converted always hit yes this will make poor quality the best it can be for great play back. Hope this loooong reply helps if not pin me and ill walk you through it step be step 301A4489

Master Chief no está en línea Stack level 1

If the DVD doesn't have some kind of copy guard on it, you still have to convert the movie so that it plays on your BB before you add it to the desktop manager files.
    Do a thread search on video converting and you'll find the super long thread on this subject. I'm relatively new to the stacks so I can't provide a direct link.
    Just FYI - I use the "Seabyrd BB video convertor" and it works great. Also very user friendly.

PS - I have read on a different thread that the newer DMs converts the movie for you, but I don't know how true this is. My Pearl is about 2 months old and my verison of DM doesn't convert.

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks guys. I used DVD shrink to rip the DVD to my computer. Now I'm not sure what to do. But ill try both you guys methods. Thanks again.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27