Can someone point me to the best link to a program to convert my dvd's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

DVD to Blackberry Pearl

Advertisement

Can someone point me to the best link to a program to convert my dvd's to be played on the pearl 8100. Preferrably the best program that uses the least space for movies. Thank you !!!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Re: DVD to Blackberry Pearl

Get mencoder. Google is your friend. If you are using linux, and have mplayer, then you already have it. If you are using windows then get it from the net... its free. Either way the command that you have to use is

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 <location to input file> -o <location to output file> -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=7

For a dvd the code is

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 dvd://1 -dvd-device /mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS -slang en -o ~/output.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9

This will extract the full dvd with subtitles into a file named output.avi which can be put into your media card and your 8100 device can play it back. If you dont want the subtitles then remove the section "-slang en"

You can get mencoder for windows at
    http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/rel...w32-1.0rc2.zip

Unzip it and you'll find mencoder inside the zip file.

You can also use this program
    http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo
    It wont be as flexible as a command line approach... but if the command line scares you then this is the way to go. I used it for a bit but the captions were a must for me and that's when I left the program... it was too limiting for me.