Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm starting to get dust under my screen. It looks as though it comes in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

capp81 no está en línea Stack level 2

Dust Under Screen?

Advertisement

I'm starting to get dust under my screen. It looks as though it comes in through the usb port. My question is the dust actually "under" the screen of in between the layers of the screen? If I were to take apart my 8130 would I actually be able to clean the dust out? Also how do they know if you take apart a blackberry and void the warranty? Is there a way to prevent a tech from knowing you took apart the phone? Thanks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Cap, Ther is a Screen protecking the LCD that is part of the outer case. So yes it could be taken apart. As for the Warranty question. I am not 100% on this, as there are alto of posts about people either painting or taking their BB apart, that unless you break something in the process you are OK, Or paint it, LOL, even Stick on "Bling" voids the warrnaty.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its probably under the screen and can be cleaned if you take it apart. you could also spray a little compressed air into the USB port (not to hard though).
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the quick info replys. I will try the air first. If no success then its minor surgery for my pearl thanks again.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Your welcome Cap, I don't think the air thing will work too well, you would be blowing in the THE opening, where will it go?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Your welcome Cap, I don't think the air thing will work too well, you would be blowing in the THE opening, where will it go?
    That's a great point. Have you taken apart a BB before? Should I have any concerns? I have watched a few videos and it doesn't look to difficult. I plan on buying some cell phone specific tools for the procedure.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Just take your Time and don't rush, And referance the videos.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    lolz, I didnt say it would clean it OUT of the phone, just works to get it off the screen.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

lie07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    show me out to take apart BB
    soo that way i can clean my screen too
    thx in advancee

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    This is really an annoying issue too. I had an 8100 befor the 8130 and this never happened. I have a puppy and keep getting dog hair between the screen and protector. I have to search on videos showing disassmebly

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone have a link to the disasembly videos? Also, any chance there's some diagrams (EG: service manuals) for the 8130? I'm needing to clean out some dust AND tighten up the screws on the PCB under the keypad. Big thanks in advance! -s

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3
    Just google blackberry curve on youtube. The videos will come up.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    In addition, compressed air comes out very cold which might freeze the plastic.

I've taken my Curve apart a couple of times using the youtube video as a guide. Just be careful the first time and use plastic tools if you need to pry the cover off.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

cellulou no está en línea Stack level 1
    dog hair?!? geez! i have dust coming in right where the volume dials are so yah, those damn dusts can get in from anywhere :P

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3

Be careful in blowing air into whatever hole you want to blow into. There might be some other dust inside not visible that might scatter. Learned this the hard way one time with another phone. Blew air into one of the openings thinking it will blow the dust somewhere other than the screen but what happened was I blew more dust in. Better to open it up and blow everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast