Hello, I am new to pinstack and this is my first post. I bought a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

riteshjain no está en línea Stack level 1

Duplicate Message When Replying/Forwarding

Advertisement

Hello,

I am new to pinstack and this is my first post. I bought a Blackberry Pearl last month and fell in love with it straightaway. Thanks to all you guys who, through these wonderful posts, have resolved a lot of issues I had with my Pearl.

One issue that I am having right now is a strange one. I have searched the forums but couldn't find it being addressed.

When I reply or forward a message from Outlook on my computer, the original message that I replied/forwarded appears as a new message on my Pearl! I am not using BES. I am using the simple push email.

I noticed that many people had a similar issue where any mail they sent was copied to themselves as well, especially when using Gmail. But this issue is a little different.

Has anyone else run into this? Do you know what is the resolution? Is it something in my Outlook or is it something to do with my Pearl?

Thanks in advance.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello riteshjain, welcome to pinstack. Youmay have some filter or rule set to when you reply or forward a copy is sent to you. Check and see if there are any settings that way. You can also remove the account from your Outlook and reset it up. If you need help with that i would be glad to help you.

sbinder no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is there a check mark next to the message that you sent?

Regarding the filter/rule, I do not have any set in Outlook or in my email profile on T-Mobile. Regarding the question regarding the check mark, I sent the message from Outlook and not from the Pearl. The icon next to it is the standard Reply/Forward icon.

Let me give an example to make the problem clearer.

I have a message A sitting in my Outlook Inbox that I received on Dec 1. It's not present in my Messages on Pearl. I then reply or forward that message from Outlook to some recipient on Dec 14. The new message is say B. After B is delivered to the recipient, I get A (and not B) as a new message on my Pearl. The timestamp in the Messages folder for message A is current (Dec 14), although when I open the message, the header displays the original timestamp (Dec 1).

So, why did the original message A appear on my Pearl as a new message after it was replied/forwarded from Outlook?

Has no one else run into this problem? It's driving me nuts! Each time I reply to an email from Outlook, there is a new message on my Pearl containing not my reply but the message that I replied too. Also, this doesn't happen with my other email account which doesn't use Outlook.

dbytes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    I've seen the same problem, although I do not always get the duplicate message on the handheld. I've not tested it, but my expierence shows it seems to happen more when I type a longer message and/or when I don't touch the new message for a while and Outlook creates a draft copy. My Outlook is connected to my personal Exchange Server so my Exchange Server would see the draft and the BIS account must see this draft somehow as a new message and send the original to the handheld (I never get a copy of the draft to the handheld).

ekotschneff no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Duplicate Message When Replying/Forwarding

Hello, I'm seeing the same thing here! This started happening after our Email Server was migrated from iPlanet to Exchange 2007. wheter using the Oulook client or OWA get the dup. However if I use thunderbied configured for IMAP, no dups!

Did you ever find a fix?