i was wondering...if i purchase a dummy phone in BLUE...could i change my bb parts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Dummy phone

Advertisement

i was wondering...if i purchase a dummy phone in BLUE...could i change my bb parts from BLACK to that dummy phone, BLUE...i wanna swap parts so that my phone is blue...could it be done? and if so, does it matter that the dummy phone is tmobile and my phone is att?

also, if it could be done....how do i go about changing it....

im looking into changing my screen mainly, cuz it has a pretty deep scratch, but i figured if im gonna change the screen, i might as well change the whole appearance.....

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    According to my technician, the only useable piece on a dummy is the lens itself and it doesn't look quite right but does work.

Zo

PIN/ID
    ask
    wut do you mean the lens?, the camera lens? or the actually screen lens? and how does it look different?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The screen lens. Not sure how it looks different but he said it does. They don't use real parts to assemble the dummies.

Zo

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I tried that with some other phones and it didn't work, the dummy housing has parts glued to the phone housing, bb's might be the same way. There are only four screws holding the BB together, go on youtube and search for the video how to take it apart. You could just order one online for like 20 bucks also.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    phatman>>>>wut exactly can i order for 20 buks? not the dummy phone rite? cuz acording to amigo the dummy phone wont work

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I won't be around my loptop for awhile to paste it here. It was from company in china also chech amazon.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-20-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Edit out request to search.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    cnn.cn go there

christianapimp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Lol ice givein my phone a pretty good beatin at work n stuff whould love to see it look almost new any tips where to buy screen lens and such stuff like chrome sides? Ice been half way away from havein the phone all tore apart so new parts shouldent be a hard project I whould appreciate it if sum1 whould PM me with like a URL or sumtin thanks