So i got a great deal on ebay for a Cingular Pearl Dummy phone. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Dummy Pearl...

Advertisement

So i got a great deal on ebay for a Cingular Pearl Dummy phone.

It was fairly easy to take apart and I got it because i wanted to swap keypads out of my tmobile version...

Anyway.... The bottom piece, although is a real piece doesn't fit right on the actuall realy pearl, the plastic latches don't match up.

The keypad is blacked out, so no light can get through it, and upon further inspection you can actually just pull the keys right off the plastic backing... Mind you the two keypads next togeither look identical from front or behind.... Also the rubbery parts don't match up internally.

So the only piece usable from the dummy is just the pearl. For 8 bucks i can't complain.. it was worth the try.

So if your thinking of using a dummy for parts.... you really really can't. Take it from me.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dummy Pearl...

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    So i got a great deal on ebay for a Cingular Pearl Dummy phone.

It was fairly easy to take apart and I got it because i wanted to swap keypads out of my tmobile version...

Anyway.... The bottom piece, although is a real piece doesn't fit right on the actuall realy pearl, the plastic latches don't match up.

The keypad is blacked out, so no light can get through it, and upon further inspection you can actually just pull the keys right off the plastic backing... Mind you the two keypads next togeither look identical from front or behind.... Also the rubbery parts don't match up internally.

So the only piece usable from the dummy is just the pearl. For 8 bucks i can't complain.. it was worth the try.

So if your thinking of using a dummy for parts.... you really really can't. Take it from me.

good to know though krad , but honestly i could not see them putting real parts in a model phone , but who knows

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Awesome! I would definitely pay $8 for a new trackball. I just happen to need one. Were there shy others on there?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

it was just the actual ball. there were no insides...

they are on ebay... just type dummy pearl in search results.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Hey thanks man I thought of this thing to before but I guess it aint gonna work all that well lol.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Just the ball is all I need. Good to know.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Some of the manufacturers do use real parts to build thier dummies (cheaper since they are already using those on the phone compared to custom manufacturing parts to make a dummy). On most of the LG and Samsung dummies, we have been able to use the complete housing for a real phone. Haven't had the same results with Nokia or Motorola. Never tried a BB but it is good to know that way we don't tear a good dummy phone apart for no reason.

Zo

the only reason i did it is because no one did before me as well... If there were someone before me i wouldn't have done it. :-)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

its good to know krad
    i know we've been saying to people "try buying a dummy phone on ebay"...thanks for being the guinea pig

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Ha ha sorry krad lol

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM