Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No, I only had to install it once. It just took 2 attempts and it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Dumb blonde question

Advertisement

No, I only had to install it once. It just took 2 attempts and it let me start the third attempt before it would actually even install.

Zo

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I have tried to open it more times than I can remember and I get an error saying that Win32 can't open it and I have tried as opening it as the administrator and clicked allow still doesn't let me open Vista had to much security!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Wow, I'm so glad I don't have Vista. Stupid windows!

So can you get the one with Service Pack 2 installed? I'm not sure how this "vista" works. What message does it give you when you try to install?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Make certain that you have User Account Control turned on when you are attempting your installation. While UAC seems obnoxious at first there are portions of Vista that require it to perform their job securely. This in turn keeps your machine more secure. The large problem with Vista is that it is too vocal. The are times with various driver and software installation that you might need to turn it on. This could be the case here, though I'm not sure. Just a guess. I'll try to see what else I can find. Just to be clear though, which version of DM are you trying to install, please tell us the file name. It doesn't exactly sound like the right file...

:Vista Rant: The world asked for a more secure Windows, so it was given to them. Now that they have it, they complain about it. What people really want is transparent security. They don't want to know about it, they just want to assume it is doing it's job and never know the wiser. Is Vista the ideal solution? No. It does what it was designed to do though. However, I have seen some of the coolest things I've ever seen in computing, come from Vista. Even XP has been enhanced because of the innovations created for Vista. Be Happy! :End of Rant:

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    Make certain that you have User Account Control turned on when you are attempting your installation. While UAC seems obnoxious at first there are portions of Vista that require it to perform their job securely. This in turn keeps your machine more secure. The large problem with Vista is that it is too vocal. The are times with various driver and software installation that you might need to turn it on. This could be the case here, though I'm not sure. Just a guess. I'll try to see what else I can find. Just to be clear though, which version of DM are you trying to install, please tell us the file name. It doesn't exactly sound like the right file...

:Vista Rant: The world asked for a more secure Windows, so it was given to them. Now that they have it, they complain about it. What people really want is transparent security. They don't want to know about it, they just want to assume it is doing it's job and never know the wiser. Is Vista the ideal solution? No. It does what it was designed to do though. However, I have seen some of the coolest things I've ever seen in computing, come from Vista. Even XP has been enhanced because of the innovations created for Vista. Be Happy! :End of Rant:
    You are right I am happy that is more secure it just gets me mad that we have to go through all this trouble sometimes just to open something simple. i do have UAC turned on and I am trying to open the DM with sp 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12