I bought my Pearl on March 15th and I was surprised that I didn't have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JohnnyJB04 no está en línea Stack level 2

DST problem

Advertisement

I bought my Pearl on March 15th and I was surprised that I didn't have to download the DST patch because the time that it displayed already showed the correct time. I never downloaded the patch because I thought maybe it was already fixed on its own.

When I woke up today, the time on the Pearl showed that it was an hour ahead. I figured all I had to do was download the DST patch and it would be fixed; but it didn't work.

After the download completed, I rebooted the Pearl and the time still wasn't fixed. I tried turning it off and taking the battery out for a few seconds and then turning it back on but that still didn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

Re: DST problem

I had the problem with the hour ahead, but downloading the patch fixed it without a hitch.

Perhaps try running the patch again?

cheerios8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep he's right, run the patch the store must have changed the time manually before sale.

I tried deleting the patch and then downloading it again but it still didn't work so i went to the date/time section and just changed the Date/Time Source to "Network" instead of "BlackBerry" and now it's back to the normal time

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

Johnny when you download the patch, go into options it should say on your top list of all the options 2007 DST Patch, click it and install, and reboot the device, otherwise it still wont work, you download it on, but you gotta install the thing yourself.

http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...otapatcher.jad

Thats the patch for OTA download use your web browser to download that, its easier to download like that for me.
    Last edited by iTzTeddy; 04-01-2007 at 10:33 PM.

cleon425 no está en línea Stack level 1

i just downloaded tjhe dst patch and it fimally worked i notice my problem was i was using Firefox browser and it wouldnt install it and it would just let me download it and it wont work taht way i used IE and worked great
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
    Johnny when you download the patch, go into options it should say on your top list of all the options 2007 DST Patch, click it and install, and reboot the device, otherwise it still wont work, you download it on, but you gotta install the thing yourself.

http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...otapatcher.jad

Thats the patch for OTA download use your web browser to download that, its easier to download like that for me.
    When I click on 2007 DST Patch, it goes to a screen that says "2007 DST patch applied"

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

Then guess what johnny, its applied. ur all set buddy.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

no need for it now...everything should be working just fine after saturday night

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad you got it fixed. I guess I'm a little to late to help. Lol