So, I'm a noob and searched around for the answer and could not find it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

DST Patch

Advertisement

So, I'm a noob and searched around for the answer and could not find it. I just got a pearl last week and am currently attempting to fix the dst. What is the best way to go about this? I did a search and found a patch but am not really sure what to do beyond that. It say's to enter your database name in line 16. What data base? I can pretty much take it from there but would appreciate if I could get some detailed instructions on the best way to go about it. I am also wondering where people are going to look at the code for these things and do some of the memory freeing up (delete preloaded pics, themes etc) I've looked around and found threads, I'm understanding what to do but questionable about where to look for these things.

thanks in advance.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: DST Patch

Goto www.blackberry.com/dst2007 on your device's browser for an OTA DST patch.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Let us know if that worked for you..BTWwelcome to the stacks!

I should have mentioned that I do not have the data plan and downloaded the following patch last night. From what I get you need to do the following.
    I
    NSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING THE SCRIPT
    1. Open the file LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql in a text editor
    2. At line 16, replace "_DATABASENAME_" with the actual name of your BlackBerry Configuration database name (remove quotes and underscores)
    3. Open a command prompt window and switch to the folder in which you saved the script
    4. Type osql -E -d databasename -i LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql

What I am trying to figure out is the my BlackBerry Configuration database name. from there I pretty much get running the command promt. It would be great if someone has done this if they could give me some more specific steps. I'm sure this is right infront of my face and I am just having a brain fart lol. But I'm new to these things.

/************************************************** **************************
    LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql
    This SQL script will load the SyncDeviceConfig values

Notes:

(C) 1997-2002 Research In Motion Limited.
    ************************************************** **************************/
    /*
    * Switch to the _DATABASENAME_ database
    */
    USE "_DATABASENAME_"
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 1 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 1, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>3</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/Anchorage</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-540</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 1
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 2 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 2, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>4</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/Los_Angeles</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-480</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 2
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 3 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 3, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>10</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/Denver</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-420</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 3
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 4 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 4, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>20</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/Chicago</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-360</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 4
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 5 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 5, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>35</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/New_York</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-300</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 5
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 6 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 6, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>50</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/Halifax</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-240</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 6
    GO
    IF NOT EXISTS( SELECT * FROM SyncDeviceConfig WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 7 )
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO SyncDeviceConfig ( SyncDbTypeId, TableId, Guid, Data ) VALUES ( 15403, 1, 7, NULL )
    END
    UPDATE SyncDeviceConfig SET Data = '<R15403><TZID>60</TZID><ZoneStringID>America/St_Johns</ZoneStringID><GMTOffset>-210</GMTOffset><DSTAmount>60</DSTAmount><DSTStartMode>1</DSTStartMode><DSTStartMonth>2</DSTStartMonth><DSTStartDOW>1</DSTStartDOW><DSTStartDay>2</DSTStartDay><DSTStartTime>120</DSTStartTime><DSTEndMode>1</DSTEndMode><DSTEndMonth>10</DSTEndMonth><DSTEndDOW>1</DSTEndDOW><DSTEndDay>1</DSTEndDay><DSTEndTime>120</DSTEndTime></R15403>'
    WHERE SyncDbTypeId = 15403 AND TableId = 1 AND Guid = 7
    GO

I tried to post how i got it to work but cannot. don't have clearance