So now i have a real issue. My pearl seems to be dropping calls constantly, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cwinner no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Dropping calls constantly (vs old faithful 7100)

Advertisement

So now i have a real issue. My pearl seems to be dropping calls constantly, i've only been using it for a day. My old BB 7100 (i haven't switched carriers, still with T-mobile) hardly ever dropped a call. Was wondering what could be causing this? One thing which may have an affect is that i did not get a new sim card, but simply put my old one in the new BB. Could that have any affect on calls dropping, I don't thinks so but thought i would add this tidbit.

If this continues for another few days, I'm gonna switch back to the old BB until i get a solution.
    -the winner

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Dropping calls constantly (vs old faithful 7100)

I don't think the Sim card has anything to do with it, but I may be wrong. Try installing one of the newer OS's out there and see if that helps.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

sim card can play a part in it since all connection to the network depends on the sim, but 2 simple ?'s
    1) how old is the sim card
    2) if you pop it back into 7100 do you get dropped calls? if not then it is probably not the sim unless you have an old GemPlus sim card. Older sims have issues with newer software.

sim car is at least 2 yrs old. the OS should be brand new as i just got the "white" pearl...unless they ship old versions. i won't know for a few days about the dropped calls with the old BB as i use the cell infrequently on weekends....it doesn't even work at my house.

what OS/version should i consider?

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There are much newer OS's to choose from because Tmobile has an old one on their pearls. I have tmobile and have put on 4 or 5 different OS's from other carriers and tmobile has yet to put out anything new.

I am running the 101 I believe it is. There's a very large thread in this section which has a link to the download for the new OS, and just in case you might be wondering, it doesn't matter what carrier you have as to which OS you run. It does however void your warranty...however you can always reload your old OS if need be.

Hope you can fix your issues, the pearl is a great phone. Good luck!

ok, thx i'll search for it.

where exactly would i find the os version number...it looks like it is 4.2, does that sound right?