Well I accidently drowned my pearl. After a few days I turned it back on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2

Dropped my pearl in water! :(

Advertisement

Well I accidently drowned my pearl. After a few days I turned it back on and everything still works great actually. The only thing is that my screen has all these white dots all over it. Is there any way to fix that? I have taken the phone apart and seen all the internals. Are those just from the screen getting wet? Or maybe it is still wet underneath the screen? Or do I have to just buy a replacement screen?

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    after taking my bb apart like 800 times the suds come from the under glass which r between the board and the glass in which u see.. i dont believe that area will be reachable but sorry to hear for ur situation also..
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    put the whole phone in a bag of dry rice for a few days believe me i speak from experience...it works
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    make sure you have the battery and sim card out while in the rice btw while theback is NOT attached!
    silvermoon

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2
    I might try the rice thing which is kind of weird but ill try it but I guess it aint too bad I mean my phone does work fine just the dots all over the screen. Its only bad when I have a screen full of white when its dark it don't matter. Now you guys are talking about suds underneath the lcd? Cause like I said I have taken the whole phone apart already pretty much taken everything apart except for taking the lcd screen off the motherboard. Now are you guys saying the area between the lcd and motherboard might have moisture in there that's what causing the dots?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Basically. The rice takes out all the moisture.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    Basically. The rice takes out all the moisture.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try this, it really works