I have a Blackberry 8100 which I purchased from Rogers back in December of 2007 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alextm23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Dropped Device, Right Panel Keys Malfunctioned

I have a Blackberry 8100 which I purchased from Rogers back in December of 2007 as an upgrade (should still be under warranty i think?).

Anyway, I've dropped the phone a few times and now all the keys on the right panel of the phone have stopped functioning.

The volume keys still click down as if they work but the OS doesn't respond to the presses.

The Right Convenience Key doesn't click down BUT does work if you apply the right pressure in the right place (very hard to do).

I was just wondering if I am a little screwed as far as warranty and replacing this goes...I feel like a complete idiot for letting it happen. I could live with the phone as it is now, but I would really like the volume keys to work again.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    I think ur pretty much SOL---warranties are for phone malfunctions, not phone dropping...sorry

~via BB (

tsatsut no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah a friend of mine had the same problem but he's waiting for the 9000 n uses shortcut keys now. But u could also go on to buy some new key pad for a good price....aight

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry to hear about the phone. I don't know if you have a case for it or not (such as the Seidio rubberized case) but this may be a good investment in the future. We all drop our phones every now and then.