Hey all, I upgraded to .103 Monday night, and now as I was on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Colininco no está en línea Stack level 2

Dropped calls on .103?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I upgraded to .103 Monday night, and now as I was on the phone with an insurance company, it dropped the call twice... Full reception (from -90 to -105), stationary, and the call sounded perfectly clear before that. Ideas?

Oh, and she was on a land line
    Last edited by Colininco; 08-16-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Dropped calls on .103?

could be any number of things, including the OS. i guess i'm just lucky. I haven't had any problems.

(knock on wood)

Colininco there's not much you can do. If it's too annoyign or the problem persists you can always downgrade the OS to one you prefer. i don't think there's a phone or a network that gives you 100% stability.

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

i use tmo - and i honestly NEVER have dropped calls... i upgraded 2 nights ago and havent seen any issues....

i would just keep track to see if theres any consistancy in the dropping -

Colininco no está en línea Stack level 2

hmm, maybe allstate has phone problems, at least thats what i'll tell myself for now...

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

\
    Quote Originally Posted by Colininco
    Hey all,

I upgraded to .103 Monday night, and now as I was on the phone with an insurance company, it dropped the call twice... Full reception (from -90 to -105), stationary, and the call sounded perfectly clear before that. Ideas?

Oh, and she was on a land line
    This is a known problem (not known by T-Mobile, but by a lot of people here in these forums) that is unique to T-Mobile and all the new 4.2.1.x releases. It only happens in some areas of the country. For instance I do not have this issue in California, but I have this issue in Dallas. Please see the below threads. Obviously T-Mobile was not aware of this issue on the other 4.2.1.x releases that were released by other carriers or they would have tested this dropped call issue more thoroughly. I think it's very important for everyone that has this issue to report it to T-Mobile. They need to know how widespread this issue is, and track/research the locations that are having this issue. This is the only way this issue will get resolved.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ing-calls.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tmo_103_a.html

Last edited by ski837547; 08-16-2007 at 03:02 PM.