Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello All First off I want to say what kind of BB I have, its ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Question Dropped calls and Frozen Pearl on newer OS's 1.xx

Advertisement

Hello All

First off I want to say what kind of BB I have, its an 8100 Pearl with T-MO service running Cingy .73 OS. Now that I got that out of the way here is my problem and I hope some of those crazy expert PinStackers out there can help me out.

The problem that I am having is that after upgrading from my current .73 OS to either TIM 1.66, or the combined TIM/Telstra 1.66, or even the new Rogers 1.94 I keep getting dropped calls and a frozen Pearl when I am on a phone call. What usually happens is a few seconds into a phone call all of a sudden I dont hear anything from the other person and they dont hear me. I have some to full signal strength so I cant blame that but to end the call I have to do a battery pull, I cant just press end. It doesnt happen all the time and it seems to be random.

To fix this I everything I know like keeping my memory as free as possible by deleting old messages using alt+LGLG to clear event logs, used memory cleaner, resent service books and reregistered with the network. I really like the features of the newer 1.XX OS's and I really want to use hopefully the newest Rogers 1.94. What can I do?????

By the way I have read all 40 some pages of the Heads up 1.66 artical and also the 20 some pages about the new Rogers 1.94 post and I remember seeing a few people having this issue but I cant seem to find a successful fix without downgrading back to the older OS's.
    d:)
    F!L

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Dropped calls and Frozen Pearl on newer OS's 1.xx

I am having this very issue also. Which is the whole reason I got on this morning. On 1.66 TIM A battery pull would work and a found about ever 4th call it would happen again, and I could not make or recieve a call till I did one. I am on 1.94 Rogers now, and I will lose the person as stated above BUT, I can end the call with the end call key and call right back or be called. More often then not the same thing happens. I do not use it as a phone much, but would like it to work when I do. Is there a way to add just the phone portion of the Application from the older software? It would be sweet to compile the best part of the existing versions of the verious providers!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Has anyone ever tried taking Phone.alx and all the phone Cod files from an older insall say .64, saving them and then placing them in one of the newer versions of the OS such as 1.94 ?? I may try this tomorrow just for fun unless some one has tried this an knows it will not work. The phone in .64 is much more stable it seems.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    246de862

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think we might have stumped them. Just kidding

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

What you've done is quite extensive. I think you should make complain to the operator and ask for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by bafil
    Hello All

First off I want to say what kind of BB I have, its an 8100 Pearl with T-MO service running Cingy .73 OS. Now that I got that out of the way here is my problem and I hope some of those crazy expert PinStackers out there can help me out.

The problem that I am having is that after upgrading from my current .73 OS to either TIM 1.66, or the combined TIM/Telstra 1.66, or even the new Rogers 1.94 I keep getting dropped calls and a frozen Pearl when I am on a phone call. What usually happens is a few seconds into a phone call all of a sudden I dont hear anything from the other person and they dont hear me. I have some to full signal strength so I cant blame that but to end the call I have to do a battery pull, I cant just press end. It doesnt happen all the time and it seems to be random.

To fix this I everything I know like keeping my memory as free as possible by deleting old messages using alt+LGLG to clear event logs, used memory cleaner, resent service books and reregistered with the network. I really like the features of the newer 1.XX OS's and I really want to use hopefully the newest Rogers 1.94. What can I do?????

By the way I have read all 40 some pages of the Heads up 1.66 artical and also the 20 some pages about the new Rogers 1.94 post and I remember seeing a few people having this issue but I cant seem to find a successful fix without downgrading back to the older OS's.

PIN/ID
    246de862

Hey Tom

I could see if this was an isolated case but it seems like its not because its happening to others out there. Besides I don't know what to tell t-mo if I did want to make a claim. Would I tell them I want a new pearl so I can try a new BB OS made for a different provider. But if they actually did the trade it wouldn't be worth it because the OS I'm running now works good and its not even the original .64 that t-mo uses. I want to be able to use the newer 1.94 without having my original problem.

Sorry for the rant. Oops

PIN/ID
    246de862

So does anyone else have any suggestions?????
    d:)
    F!L

CharmedTC no está en línea Stack level 2

If I might make a statement! I love this message board, but after reading all theses threads for a while now, you all have all these issues as soon as you start messing with your operating systems and start doing things that you should not be doing with your Pearl... Leave it the way you bought it. I love my pearl and have not had any issues. Just the newbie questions of course. Hope you all see where Im coming from.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

guys...since both of you know what you are doing when it comes to upgrading and such, i would suggest a backup/complete wipe with the jv_cmdr and then reload the os...

the ONLY issue that i seem to be having with the 1.94 os right now is isolated within BBM. i will prob take my own advice and wipe and reinstall at some point this weekend.

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedTC
    If I might make a statement! I love this message board, but after reading all theses threads for a while now, you all have all these issues as soon as you start messing with your operating systems and start doing things that you should not be doing with your Pearl... Leave it the way you bought it. I love my pearl and have not had any issues. Just the newbie questions of course. Hope you all see where Im coming from.
    Fine unless the new OS offers something new/improved or fixes something old/annoying. Improved web browsing on one hand and Auto backlight on the other (to name just two.)

PIN/ID
    246de862

I'm not going to comment on leaving it alone cause its a bit off subject and everyone has there own opinion on that.....

Anyways,
    Thanks cherri I'll try a wipe and a reinstall with the new Rogers and see how it goes but I can't right now since I'm not at my desktop. Has anyone else done a full wipe and install of the Rogers and if so were you expirencing this problem and did it fix it? Also I have never played with Java loader can someone point me to a link so I can get to know it a bit? I only know how to clear my BB out by using the security settings in options

PIN/ID
    ASK

Just a thought Bafil, you can re-install the original OS then ask the replacement for your pearl. Anyway, at first I suggested to ask for replacement bcoz I thought your pearl had the same problem with other OS-es. Hopefully you can solve the problem.

PIN/ID
    ASK

And you can still downloaded the old OS through the t-mo's website.

Quote Originally Posted by - tom -
    Just a thought Bafil, you can re-install the original OS then ask the replacement for your pearl. Anyway, at first I suggested to ask for replacement bcoz I thought your pearl had the same problem with other OS-es. Hopefully you can solve the problem.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Well I guess no one really knows so i will try. I see some one posted saying the tried using just the Phone.alx file. I knew that wouldn't work you have to do the COD files too. So I will let you know what happens.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

LOL well the first attemped Crashed and burned THe DTM did advise it was Downgrading the Phone software but the device went into the reset loop. so will have to play with it a while
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast